One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello One Sixth Warriors,

I'm hoping you guys can give me a few pointers about the issue i currently have. I accidentally broke the right wrist of one of my hot toys bodies. is there a way to disassemble the arm in order to remove the joint/peg out of the hole?

any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Use needle nose pliers to pull out the wrist pins from the hands. The joint to the ARM is threaded so you will need to turn it counter clock wise while pulling.

After you've done this, repair, replace the hand joint and it should be okay. If you don't have spare HT wrist pins, you can try to use a DML / BBI one. You have to cut the pin to the ARM shorter and wrap tape around it to fatten up the pin to hold. Good thing is that you can now use DML / BBI type hands / gloves if you had wanted to.

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
The Hottoys bodies i have feature a small cap cover in the forearm, this cap hides a metal screw within the arm, i think to unscrew it will release the arm from the elbow joint. If the arm pulls away, push out the wrist joint from behind using a chopstick or something. I'll disassemble one of my bodies for ya tonight with some pics

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jankatana said:
The Hottoys bodies i have feature a small cap cover in the forearm, this cap hides a metal screw within the arm, i think to unscrew it will release the arm from the elbow joint. If the arm pulls away, push out the wrist joint from behind using a chopstick or something. I'll disassemble one of my bodies for ya tonight with some pics
Thanks Jankatana, much appreciated.

I'd take some pictures of the damage but my girlfriend borrowed it for her trip.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Why did your girlfriend borrow your broken figure for her trip? ( :p jk!)

I broke off a Twisting Toyz wrist peg (very fragile) in my Dragon Neo3 body and was unable to use needle nose pliers to pull it out. I ended up using my dremel and a small bit to dremel out the broken peg. This worked fine.

I've never owned a Hot Toys body, but I would imagine that this technique would work if you are unable to pull apart the arm.

Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Sorry about the long wait. Here's a pic of a disassembled Hottoys arm, now the construction isnt exactly how i imagined it, but my idea still work fine. Firstly heat up the arm with a hair dryer, this should soften the socket inside slightly, just enough to make it moveable. Secondly tease out the small cap with a needle, then unscrew the screw hidden underneath. Thirdly, this is the scary part, use needle-nose pliers and push the nose into the bottom of the arm; this gradual leverage should separate the two halves of the arm. Bingo! The joint is out!

·
Registered
329 Posts
jankatana, thanks for that pix!! :thumb Scary as doing "major surgery" on 6th scale figgies is, that photo makes me think braver lads than I with a penchant for serious customizing might do some WEIRD stuff if they can lay their hands on some HT bodies!!! :ar15 Must have been what inspired the guys who make the "D.U.S.T." :ninja weirdo-figures! :lol

:nerd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts