One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for modern DPM uniforms and it seems most of it has not been made in a long time.

I know Dragon, Barrack Sergant, Armoury and HT made it but don't know how they compare to each in terms of accuracy of the pattern / colors, stitching and fitting.

Does anyone have a few different sets of DPM they can compare and advise which one I should find?

I'm looking to build a 4 man squad of Royal Marines, not SAS or SBS yet, so am looking at temperate or woodland DPM.

Lastly, if someone can advise what would modern Royal Marines wear and use for MOUT type operations, that would be great.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Barrack Sergeant are head and shoulders above the rest- but it's almost impossible to find DPM trousers now. Your best bet is to get some of the smock/OD trouser sets they have on eBay at the moment. There are still a few of their desert uniform and vest sets around too- but finding a HT desert camo helmet to go with them is a big problem.

Try to find some of the BS Falklands sets too- but be careful as some only come with jackets and no trousers (hence the shortage).

In short, modern British is an incredibly frustrating genre to work with. BS made awesome kit- but there just isn't enough of it around to supply the demand. Good hunting.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

What kind of "kit" would RMs carry? In terms of loading vests, backpacks and etc...? Can I use any color matching vest such as what US forces would use? RAV, Crye gear, Ciras, etc.... or are there specific loadouts?

I've seen some of the "SF" Brits and it seems to be a mix of US and gucci gear.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
The best DPM stuff is DML tropical uniform, nice and bright and is the stuff noob squaddies wouldn't wear. The ultimate accurate windproof stuff is pippins toys found on UK eBay.

A typical RMC would wear nice bright trop trousers, windproof smock and a fighting order belt kit with helmet and some danner boots.

Where your going to fall down on is a DPM helmet cover so you will have yo make one.

To get it right DPM wise just make sure every item is a different colour from each other as so much of it was produced in multiple shades and shapes !

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys.

What kind of "kit" would RMs carry? In terms of loading vests, backpacks and etc...? Can I use any color matching vest such as what US forces would use? RAV, Crye gear, Ciras, etc.... or are there specific loadouts?

I've seen some of the "SF" Brits and it seems to be a mix of US and gucci gear.
When it comes to current Brits your best bet is to go with multicam uniforms (no one makes MTP yet) or select some US camo trousers and top, maybe throw in a DPM smock for a little British flavour. Then select the vest of your choice basically. Call them SF or SFSG and you could probably pick whatever gear you want.

Try looking here for some reference pictures- Special Forces Support Group | SFSG

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here is the figure that I put together over the weekend. I think the figure looked okay with all the gears. It did took me a while to find all the parts. I don't have Dragon or Armoury to compare, but I think Dragon clothing is a little small for most bodies. If you looking for Desert pattern, I believe Echo Base Toys have it all from uniform, body armor, and backpack. If you don't see it online, you need to call them to ask what they carry. Good Luck!

Figure List:
Barrack Sergeant British Osprey w/Arm + Collar from Monkey Depot - The Finest in Scale Military
Barrack SergeantFROG Combat Shirt-Desert DPM from Echo Base Toys
Hot Toys Pants got it a few years ago.

The color and pattern look very close by two companies.

·
Registered
680 Posts
If your doing RM/SBS you'll probably want the Hot Toys Smock with either Armoury or DML 'Lam' Tropical DPM trousers. SF tend to wear 'Ally' kit.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
The DML stuff is okay. Just small. I got Lam Jungle Pattern on a SST Star War Rebel Officer figure. *Perfect in DPM Woodland.* But it's small...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hit the local shops twice now and found 1 set of BBI Tropical DPM only with the 2 pocket shirt and alice type vest with DPM pockets.

I'll check again in a few days but you guys are right, DPM stuff is tough to come by!

KOH75 - that is a wicked SFSG!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I don't think BBI did Tropical DPM, they did the CS95 Royal Marine, but the uniform was tiny.

Check Ebay UK for DPM in Action Figures.

·
des123456
124 Posts
Hi, i have not been on the site for a long time, do you still need the british dpm uniform, i think i still may have i think 2 sets company i do not. I have 2 caps too and a chest rig. I think it`s dragon `

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you can sew/making BDU uniform (or knew someone who can), just search the pattern in spoonflower.com for the camo fabric in 1/6 scale.

I got the fabric from that site too, and make few of DPM BDU.
Camouflage Cargo pants Military camouflage Military uniform Military person
Camouflage Cargo pants Military camouflage Squad Military uniform
Camouflage Military camouflage Squad Military uniform Military person

·
Registered
8 Posts
When it comes to current Brits your best bet is to go with multicam uniforms (no one makes MTP yet)...
Respectfully beg to differ. Two companies have made excellent versions of MTP:
-DAM's 78023 Royal marine Commando (DAM TOYS DAM 78023 ELITE SERIES British ROYAL MARINES COMMANDO 1/6 Figure - $175.00 | PicClick & 78033 British Army in Afghanistan (toyhaven: Dam Toys 78033 1/6th scale British Army (The Black Rats) in Afghanistan 12-inch military figure.
-In addition, there's also Green Wolf Gear's MTP uniform & helmet sets (task force cb - BlackOpsToys

As you can see there's several ways to get your modern British soldiers geared up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts