One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some major help making a custom Captain Price & Soap from the COD: Modern Warfare series. I'm hoping to finish these by Christmas to give them to my husband as gifts. Last year, I made him "Ghost," and he loved it!

The initial version I made him didn't have the right jacket:

Now I'm looking to finish off the group by making him the other two characters. I discovered Loading Toys "Primo" and "Sotto" head sculpts, but can't find them anywhere to purchase. Moreover.. I'm not too big of a fan of the "Primo," I don't really think it captures Price's thick mustache.

While browsing this forum, I found itchybiz's custom Price (http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/628902-mw3-john-price-sierra-leone-wip.html) and was BLOWN AWAY!! It's fabulous. That is the head sculpt I would love to use.

Picture of it:

My questions are.. is that a custom made head sculpt? Or is there somewhere I may still be able to find it?

Also, any good places to still find the LT Sotto? I searched ebay, but had no luck. And all the sites I've found it on say it is out of stock.

Also.. what are the best places you all have luck finding the pieces to your custom creations?

Thank you for all your help!!! :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I believe that is the British Support Group head by Toys City. There were a few floating around on BlackOpsToys awhile ago, think they may have sold out though. I do see a Loading Toys Primo up on eBay right now though:
LT Primo

For Soap, it may be easier to find a "ZC World PMC Mark" head than an LT Sotto. They are pretty readily available on the bay as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply!! I saw that auction on ebay as well.. the price seemed a bit steep though, but I'm not sure how rare the head sculpt is.

Okay! Thank you! :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply!! I saw that auction on ebay as well.. the price seemed a bit steep though, but I'm not sure how rare the head sculpt is.

Okay! Thank you! :)
You're welcome! I was actually bashing these two a few months back. That price on the Primo is rather steep, but I think they're rather rare as well. I wasn't able to find one from any retailers at all either.. Good luck on your bash!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! That head sculpt on the British Support Group is SPOT ON. I love it! It looks as though I may have to buy the boxed figure just to get the head though. Not seeing it anywhere else.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on BlackOpsToys..

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
For someone who just started making one you got all high end items. It is Ghost! Looking forward to your next one, keep it up! You've done well!

·
the bearded devil
2,317 Posts
The British Special Forces Support Group Sculpt by toys city is definitely the best Price sculpt to date. All the gear really depends on what version of price and soap you are going for...got a screen cap by chance?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, I love the Toys City sculpt for Price.

Yes, here is the Price I'm going for:

And here is the Soap:

Right now I'm having trouble finding a shirt for Soap and the pants for Price, lol.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The pants for Price needs to be custom made. You can find some ACI or Barrack Sergent 5.11 cargo pants but you need to sew the "knee" area with a piece of cloth to make it exact.

Soap's shirt - I recommend you check WWII figure parts for that shirt. I believe I have seen something similar on either an ally or axis officer...

And don't be afraid to hitup the Barbie or Blythe or other girly doll section for parts. Once in a while you might find a shirt that works for "action figures" as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found these pants from Rescue Mission Captain America, I'm wondering if they can be altered some to look more like Price's?

Thoughts?

Thanks! I'll definitely look into WWII stuff for Soap's shirt. What about his pants? I've looked at Woodland camo as well as Urban, but none seem as "dark" as his pants. Any suggestions there?

And let me say.. You are ALL so helpful! :) This is wonderful!

The pants for Price needs to be custom made. You can find some ACI or Barrack Sergent 5.11 cargo pants but you need to sew the "knee" area with a piece of cloth to make it exact.

Soap's shirt - I recommend you check WWII figure parts for that shirt. I believe I have seen something similar on either an ally or axis officer...

And don't be afraid to hitup the Barbie or Blythe or other girly doll section for parts. Once in a while you might find a shirt that works for "action figures" as well.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
What outstanding gifts these will be!!! :applause:applause:applause

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! I've been working on the three too- careful on "PMC Mark"- I got the boxed set, was able to use everything but the weapon and the head for my bash. The head is pretty undersized, they may have made a larger one, I'm not sure. While I'd be willing to give you the head, I really don't think you could use it. In 1/1 scale, his hat size might be a 6. :doh

And...it's not the outfit you're working on... but if you decide to go for this look, aside from the weapon, 1 knee pad, it's pretty much got everything.

As for his shirt, I thought that Cotswold / Elite Brigade had a similar shirt, not sure of the color though.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
For Price's pants I would say get a pair of Newline Miniatures M42 Reinforced Paratrooper pants then modify the pockets accordingly.

For Soap's head, get the new DAM SEAL Pointman.

·
My friends call me Ray
7,834 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I made a reply with some pants I found for Price (but it's still waiting moderation approval).

In the meantime, I have to say, thank you so much for all the help and feedback! I'm still stuck on Soap's shirt, and even his pants. I can't seem to find a camo dark enough, in either woodland or urban.

@Sixth Scale - I checked Cotswold but couldn't find any white shirts that seemed to fit. This might be a tough one! I'm definitely looking into PMC Mark, if anything, for the head sculpt. But I appreciate the comment on the size of his head.. I don't want it looking abnormally small!

@The Great Shaggy - The DAM SEAL Pointman's forehead just doesn't jive with me for Soap's face, although it's a great sculpt! I'm hoping I can do some nice paint-work on either the LT Sotto HS or PMS Mark.

@mgbb - Thank you! And WOWWW. Those links are incredible!!! Seeing how perfectly you got all the gear and whatnot, I may have a ton more questions. I don't know what half of the gear is called that these guys wear. And I can only ask my husband so many questions while we're playing COD before he gets suspicious! Haha. :)

·
the bearded devil
2,317 Posts
Best uniform for price would be a desert marpat boonie from BBI Bishop and the clothes from BBI Raider

You could easily weather and darken the knee area to mimic the darker knee area of the pants.

The harness is a bit difficult since I think its a custom item.
Your closest bet for the ak would be this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-W...6504?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item27ca3c5698

As far as Soap I'd say
Soldier Story feldgendarme

or

Triad Toys Henley

Are the closest you're gunna get. Woodland pants can be sourced pretty easily, but you're going to need to weather them up to get them that dark and faded out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well crap.. looks like Triad Toys doesn't make that shirt in white anymore. And no luck on ebay.

This is going to be a tough round-up of stuff. That Henley shirt is perfect.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts