One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i dont know if its ok, i havent talked to any of the mods. But i thought its a good idea, all to often is a new single thread for a small question that can be answered relativly quick. So why not a single thread with all the questions regarding attaching gear, weapon attachments and all the little things involving the hobby. That way we all know where to look for help with that stuff and we dont get a dozen threads with only 1-2 replies.

Im gonna start off with:
How do i attach the Shoulder Armor to Chuck Morris' Vest?

thanks
holger =)

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
Good idea for a thread!

As for Morris' should armor.... I bent it around in the velcro part of the flap on the should straps (If that makes any sense....).You sort of have to bend the velcro strap from the armor, around the should strap so that it connects with the velcro on the bottom. Not sure if this is the correct way, but it's how I did mine.

·
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good idea for a thread!

As for Morris' should armor.... I bent it around in the velcro part of the flap on the should straps (If that makes any sense....).You sort of have to bend the velcro strap from the armor, around the should strap so that it connects with the velcro on the bottom. Not sure if this is the correct way, but it's how I did mine.
Hmm ill try, if all fails, glue will work, afterall i intend to keep the vest in its original set up. I thought it had something to do with the Velcro strip on the upper backside inside the Armor Vest but it doesnt seem to stick there very well. :rolleyes

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
How do I attach ______(insert any 1/6th object)

my answer for 99% of what is in the blanks is: GLUE. heheh. i dont think its worth the frustration and i personally dont even think the pouches look that good most of the time, when properly strapped through the molle loops. they usually have that oversized "toy" look IMO. with glue, you can get the pouch physically closer and more conformed to the shape of the vest and to me it looks more realistic.

just make sure you wont want to change your mind after you do it.

·
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True AP, especially with very loaded vests, when you try to mimic the setup from a real vest it looks very bulky compared to the photo of the real one, especially the CIRAS, just a few pouches and it looks way too toyish or just bulky and cumbersome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.