One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While browsing militaryphotos.net for Aussie stuff, I found a thread on Greek forces, and since my wife has a greek background, I thought it would be nice to bash her a Greek soldier.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows a source of this "lizard" style camo, or patches. A lot of the Greek forces seem to wear British DPM and have US equipment, so my best guess is that it's bought from elsewhere.

I'd like to put together a figure more like these guys:

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. It's good to know something it out there. Is this a recent TRU set, or one from the past?

Given that the rest of their BDUs are either UK, US, or OD, I imagine they were bought from another nation so they would likely not be Greek in origin anyway. Would anyone know what it's called?

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Its Greek Lizard Camo, its their own, not surplus. The Webgear is based on the US ALICE Kit, TLBV in Lizard Camo and ALICE Style Pouches. Best bet, get a Dragon TLBV an Repaint it same with the Pouches (Toy Soldier made a great ALICE/LC-2 Kit)

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
the old bbi carded set is the only way to go...and it was actually russian 'kamysh' type in green.i think someone here once dyed a pair of the blue bbi 'kretchet' uniform green.very hard to find and it doesnt have any pockets on the shirt or pants.the greeks use the french style 'lizzard' or 'f1' pattern.they also trialed a desert version...a little like the desert tiger,but they never issued it.wasnt sure if they even still used this uniform anymore.

·
Humvee Madman
1,401 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.