One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have purchased a DML Dieter Müller figure and straight out of the box his right hand disintegrated. I was surprised because this is a 2013 release, DML's last 1/6?? Either way I'm very new to this, and need to know how to get the peg out of the wrist. It had broken to the point where the peg isn't sticking out at all, and is perfectly smooth with the wrist.

Would I have to drill this out? I've tried to gorilla glue one end of a pencil to the peg and use that to yank it out, but it hasn't worked. Can anyone offer a solution?

Thank you,
justin

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Sometimes, drilling into the peg proves unsuccessful, as it spins. Some of us have used a thin X-acto blade to split the forearm at its seams. Wedging it open, the broken pin can be extracted, then glue the arm shut.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Pin Vise...

I would try drilling it out first. All plastic will degenerate over time. When is anybody's guess. I have a few Dragon bodies where the wrist pins broke, just like yours and other from early 2000's still going strong. It all depends on the type of plastic and how brittle it becomes. The more flexible the plastic the better it seems to be and last longer. Look at GI Joe from the 1960s still holding up to this day.

I don't think any of these figures will be around in 60 yrs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to drill it out tomorrow!
I'll also pick up an exacto knife just in case, I would have never thought about cutting it open and preforming some surgery!

Thank you all for the advice, I'll let you know how it turns out!

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Some of us have used a thin X-acto blade to split the forearm at its seams. Wedging it open, the broken pin can be extracted, then glue the arm shut.
This is the only way I've ever used, with 100% success rate!:thumb

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I have purchased a DML Dieter Müller figure and straight out of the box his right hand disintegrated. I was surprised because this is a 2013 release, DML's last 1/6??
It was the last of the WWII figures that DML released. Official release date was Nov. 2012.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used the X-acto knife and with about 45 minutes of work, managed to get it fixed! Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was the last of the WWII figures that DML released. Official release date was Nov. 2012.....
Really? Do you know why DML stopped? Or maybe if they'd ever continue? I noticed Dieter Müller had some quality parts, particularly the tunic with its internal support system, liner, bandage pocket, etc.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
That's a toughie, I'm not really sure what did for them in the end. I do know that they suddenly doubled their prices, a £40 figure suddenly cost £80 and nothing but the price changed. Bricks and mortar retailers over here gave up then as they just couldn't shift any figures. I would imagine this happened elsewhere and so they just gave up. You can still get some items of gear as model kits, like the HEER set that came with the Kurz figure and the recoil-less rifle that came with Eddie Parker, but, without the figures they do seem a bit pointless somehow.

That's the way I saw things, feel free to jump in if you know different

CHEERS!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I've been told that they had decided to stay with some of the original plan, basic paint apps, mostly plastic web gear and boots, more akin to their modeling tradition. They had released some good cloth and metal gear, and their weapons were very well detailed, but other companies were out stripping them in materials, bodies, sculpts, and paint apps. Personally, like a few other companies, I had the impression that their 1:6 scale department was usually underrepresented in business considerations.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I believe Pukingdog is 100% correct....here in the UK the figures doubled in price just as rogerbee mentioned therefore sales plummeted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, crazy to see it's a bit of a gray area!
Wish they kept it going, I notice the DX11 and the figure I bought are retailed at nearly $90, which I can't justify in my mind. Maybe someone will form a new company to fill in the gap on "economy" 1/6 items over time. An investment in some 3D printers for body parts, gear, and even vehicle parts could prove not only useful but even profitable. I'm sure people have already discussed the possibility!

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
And yet, some can justify $300.00 plus figures.....for figures that are almost statues.....wow......

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I noticed Dieter Müller had some quality parts, particularly the tunic with its internal support system, liner, bandage pocket, etc.
The real gem in that release was the G41 rifle.....correctly done by no one else....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't know no other company correctly made the G41, but as a world war militaria collector it looks great! His tunic I had seen before, I know the soldat 001 early war Heer rifleman had a similar quality tunic.

I guess values and prices vary on the individual. I'll drop $1000 on a solid WWII German Camo helmet any day, it's worth it to me, others have a heart attack at that price! $300 scares me for a figure, but that's because they're a tool for me more than a hobby!

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Actually, only 2 companies made the G41.... DML made it spot on, but the other attempt was a complete Frankenstein....:lol

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Also, Weylen Tseng/Plasticboy made a G41. Not functional like DML's, but like all of his stuff, really nice.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hello!
I have purchased a DML Dieter Müller figure and straight out of the box his right hand disintegrated. I was surprised because this is a 2013 release, DML's last 1/6?? Either way I'm very new to this, and need to know how to get the peg out of the wrist. It had broken to the point where the peg isn't sticking out at all, and is perfectly smooth with the wrist.

Would I have to drill this out? I've tried to gorilla glue one end of a pencil to the peg and use that to yank it out, but it hasn't worked. Can anyone offer a solution?

Thank you,
justin
With the final releases DML changed the hand and wrist pegs, they're made of something different, it's the first time I've actually heard of them crumbling. Are you sure they weren't switched? I got a figure once, it was supposed to have bendy hands but they'd been switched.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With the final releases DML changed the hand and wrist pegs, they're made of something different, it's the first time I've actually heard of them crumbling. Are you sure they weren't switched? I got a figure once, it was supposed to have bendy hands but they'd been switched.
To my knowledge they weren't switched. It was MIB from Monkey Depot, I'll post a photo of the wrists when I get home!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts