One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am brand new to 1/6 scale and have a few noob questions. I received my first model today, Dragon's Heinz Schmidt.

1. What would be the best way to attatch the cuff title to the sleeve? I was thinking of sewing it but I am open to other ideas?

2. The Honour Chevron that goes on the left sleeve, the self adhesive is not staying on too well. Is there a certain adhesive I should try?

3. The last question is the helmet came with a liner, confusing instructions, and 4 silver decals. How are these decals used to hold the liner in the helmet?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Welcome Aboard Oddball!
I don't know my way around German WW2 figures, but here are a few educated guesses.
In terms of adhesives, fabritac is usually recommended by the guys here for affixing insignia and other items to cloth items.
The liner probably just goes inside the helmet to hold it on the figure's head, and the 4 silver decals may be just insignia to go on the side of the helmet, whichever one you choose.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, where can you get fabritac from?

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Wow, I loved you in Kelly's Heroes! :lol Welcome aboard.

You can find FabriTac in many better stocked craft stores. I think the last bottle I bought came from either Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board.
You can also get fabritac at Walmart in the crafts section.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. I have been looking thru the gallery section and there are allot of tallented members here.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Welcome aboard Oddball and looking forward to your positive waves man! Love Kellys Heroes! Have a great time here at OSW and looking forward to seeing your bashes!
Have fun :thumb
-mike-

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Hello, and here's a few tips for almost all DML German figures from somebody who's bashed almost nothing but germans-
Woodglue is helpfull, because It can be removed without too much frustration, and it sticks pretty good...

Cuff titles- Spread the glue on the back, and center the lettering on the outer (left for SS, right for Heer, and all campign titles go on the left) sleeve, and wrap the rest of the title around the sleeve. press titghtly for a second, then roll the title on the sleeve to get lups and corners out. Cuff titles are placed about 1 to 1 1/4 " from the bottom of the sleeve.

Honour/Rank chevrons- Same woodglue or fabritac, placed about halfway up the sleeve, under the SS eagle

The helmet- The silver stickers really don't serve a purpose, the adhesive on them is too weak to hold a metal shell. I generally throw them out. Its your choice to put them on or not, and the liner just sticks centered into the shell. The chinstrap normally buckles on the left, but you can choose which ever side you like more.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Welcome aboard Oddball. It figures that with almost everything being covered on the net, there'd be a site just about German helmets - http://www.german-helmets.com/

You should be able to get needed info there, on the decals and their placement.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Oddball,

Welcome to our plastic Asylum...Once your in you never leave!!! Enjoy!!

Regards,

Echo 7

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome. I purchased from Fabritac from Michaels and was able to apply everything. Das Soldat thanks for the placement tips for the items. I was cheating, I have a book about the Waffen SS and I was able to see where everything went looking at the actual photo's. I never thought at 44 years old I would be detailing 12" action figures. I wonder what my mom would think. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts