One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys. Here is a Heath Ledger Joker sculpt I did for Ike at Ike-Con Entertainment. This one was sculpted to fit a DC Direct body, so it's slightly larger than your normal 1/6 head. This was my first time trying one this scale. I painted the head with acrylics. That was different for me too, because I usually use oils. As with the last Joker sculpt I did, I couldn't find too many pics to go by, but after seeing the movie, I'm happy with the outcome. The pictures don't do it justice.

Do any of you know of a compatible body, that is more articulate than this one? It's designed to have the head looking down, and he hits some cool posed that way, but it limits you also.
Thanks for looking.

Update 8/17:
The cards took a while. I glued them together, but I wanted them to be in "U" shape like he was actually holding them, and pinching them with his thumb. I ended up holding them in position for an hour before the glue dried enough to let go, and hold shape. Then they were stuck to my fingers.

I added a new pic (last one). This one was taken in the day, with more natural light. You can see the hair color a little better in this one. It still doesn't look as green as it does in person. It's green...Green I tell you! Someone please believe me!! :lol

Attachments

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Dang that is a superb sculpt Reggie, and the hair is nice as well. I like the pose he's stuck in, but I can see where it limits him.

Duno what other body you could use aside from the other slightly larger than figures since DCD is 13 inches tall.
Would another DCD body make do? They're all probably musclebound being superheroes.. maybe Robin?
At least then the head would remain proportionate to their bodies.
Maybe an ACE body could work being a little taller than other 1/6, but its also a tad on the muscular/thick bodied side.

Well whatever you decide, I think it looks really great.

·
the bearded devil
2,317 Posts
this looks AMAZING:jawdrop

How was the hair done? It looks absolutely awesome. Can't tell completely from the pictures but it looks like his scars are a bit off, but thats minor on a quality sculpt like that.

definitely deserves some Hot Toys clothing. Maybe the body would be better for that as well as it seems a bit better proportioned and pose able.

-artdamage

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys!! I really appreciate it.
The hair IS actually green (and much darker than it looks), but I suck at taking pictures, and my camera sucks too (maybe it's just the camera...Hmmm....).

Cablecommander, Saiko: Thanks guys! I was thinking about one of the SS bodies I had seen with a Hot Toys/BBi GS3 type neck. It had a slender build too, and they are bigger than most 1/6.

Mr Petey: :grinroll I love you too :lol

Nervecenter0: You are too kind. Thank you! :O

ArtDamage: I wouldn't shock me if the scars are a little off :erm. It was hard to see them in the pics I had. After I sculpted the head, and baked it, I took my Dremel to it, and ground down the area where the hair would be, and glued the hair into place. On the sides, and front, you want to glue the hair in the wrong direction, and flop it back over itself (know what I mean?). Aso start from the bottom, and work up. At the part, I cut a slot to glue the hair in.
Thanks again guys!
:thumb

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
getoninja: I did do a 1/6 version for a customer in Singapore, but after doing this, I would want to go back and fix a few things on it. And thanks!!

Saintsyn: I believe it was Mohair. It's something Ike sent to me to use on them. I think it might be something else (mabe Rabbit), because it was on the skin still. I ended up cutting the hair off the skin, because I find it easier that way. Some prefer to use the hair with the skin still on, and cut chunks out, and glue them on the head. That way works too, but I found it leaves bare spots (maybe I was doing it wrong :lol ).
Hair gel helps quite a bit when it comes to making the hair flow a certain way, but you can get Mohair in straight or wavy. I used wavy on this one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts