One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a little order in from one of the fine vendors that posts here. The stuff got unpacked and put in a drawer of my work bench for a while, but I got it out the other night and gave one of the guys an apparel makeover.

He was most excited and kept bugging me to shoot some photos... So, I did.

Then, he continued to badger me until I posted them here.

Without further adieu:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That's gotta be worth some decent bucks$$$!! Who made a 1/6 Sabbath shirt? That's Bitchen! Sabbath rules!The fore fathers of Metal!!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's gotta be worth some decent bucks$$$!! Who made a 1/6 Sabbath shirt? That's Bitchen! Sabbath rules!The fore fathers of Metal!!
Thank you very much, sputnik.

The shirt is from Hot Toys, part of one of the many Iron Man/Tony Stark sets. The album, Never Say Die, is not your typical Sabbath fare. It has a song on it that Bill Ward (original drummer) sings - very well, I might add - and there's another on it that, while never publicly acknowledged, doesn't really sound like Ozzy on vocals. It also has horns in a song or so and one track that shows some definite jazzy tenancies. But, when it comes time to break into a heavy riff, there's no denying who it is. For those reasons, it's probably my favorite Sabbath album. That was when I realized that Black Sabbath were some seriously talented guys.

Back in the day, record shops worth their salt kept an adjustable date stamp by the register. If one purchased an album on its date of release, you could open it up and have the label in the center stamped, thus showing you bought it on release day. If you purchased it later, shops wouldn't stamp them. My original copy of the vinyl is stamped. :wink

The album contains none of the iconic Black Sabbath tunes and was a real departure from their other stuff - a departure for the better, I say; others would vehemently debate that notion.

So, when Robert Downey, Jr. showed up wearing that shirt in the movie, I took notice. And, when HT came out with the shirt in 1:6, there was no question that I'd own one.

I showed my figure with the CD because the vinyl album sleeve is bigger than he is. :lol

The picture disc is pretty damn old. It's from the very early days of that technology and is unique because it's different on both sides. It's never been played and has always been kept in the thick plastic sleeve you see, but picture discs were notorious for poor sound quality. I don't expect this one's any different.

Also interesting is that it's the size of a 45 rpm record, but plays at 33 1/3 and has a small hole in the middle (instead of the large hole typical of 45s). I recalling paying about $7 for it in 1979, which was a stretch on a college kid's budget in the day. However, I've never seen another like it in all these years. It might be worth something, but I doubt I'll ever part with it.

Very cool, some good music.
Thanks very much, BADDOG. You're obviously a man of breeding and taste. :thumb

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can't see it, but I am banging my head right now. Cool stuff.
Glad you enjoyed it, Zebraten. Bang your head on something soft. :wink

1 - 6 of 6 Posts