One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile ago I purchased a Toy Soldier body but wasn't very impressed with the body, too weak and floppy. I've been thinking of doing a Daniel Craig Bond and think the physique of the Toy Soldier figure would be fine, but I'm not sure unless its been improved. Has anyone purchased the newest Toy Solider figure and can you tell if there has been any improvement in the quality of the figure?

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I purchased the Mullen figure loose and it was pretty much the same as my other, older Toy Soldier figure. The joints were a bit tighter, but still looser than most other base figures.

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
I think the 7th Anniversary Figure will be the first with the newer TS body, the T1-F. However, it is not getting very good reviews from those who have seen it. I hhave a couple on the way and am anxious to see what is what.

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
The TS body is great. You just gotta stop being lazy and tighten some screws and drop in some superglue and its ready to rock.
Some of the T1 bodies you could tighten them 'til the cows come home and they will not be tight enough. I have three of the T1 bodies and not one of them could be tightened sufficiently.

Best thing to do is take up some of the slack joint spacing with glues and such. I won't get into the process as it is explained elsewhere.

If I were so inclined, I might try taking them apart completely and putting teflon tape in here and there to tighten up the joint spacing.

·
Registered
603 Posts
if I were doing a Daniel Craig figure........

I would use the new ACE body. Nudes are available and you can make it accept any head post from all the major companies. In my opinion, ahem, it's the fittest looking body in a t-shirt, and other than the hottoys barehand sculpts the bare hands that come with every ACE nude look the best. Plus you can swap out with bbi hands as well. Hottoys clothing ie suits should fit it. I've had luck with soldiers story pants, some bbi pants as well as barrack sargeant pants, any t-shirt will do. Hope this helps.:D

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Holy crap.You mean you have to customize and mess around with your figure?

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
It's really not good enough for the price we pay for these things. The fact is they should simply "work" without the joints needing to be tightened by the consumer after buying them.

These aren't plastic model kits by Dragon/Revell/Games Workshop/etc

And filling in the holes makes no sense to me. Let people do whatever they like with the figures/screws after they buy the thing. Just make sure they don't need to.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's kinda disappointing to hear that the loose joint issue wasn't addressed with the new T.1F body - it is after all the major complaint about the Toy Soldier bodies...
I m not sure if i m the lucky one around but i don't really have a complaint with the new body ( i got the one from the 7th anniversary force recon ), maybe i m lucky but i just feel that the joints are not as loose as their older bodies bodies like the d-boys and as for loose bodies issue, it may happen to all other brands too, i would not put it as a TS issue.

If all else fails, a stand is always a handy solution.. and come on, let's cut TS some slack, after all they are the only ones who give us good vietnam stuff currently :bag

1 - 16 of 16 Posts