One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Pop up ads when using mobile device appear every time I go to a new page. Can these ads be turned off by function of my phone?
Depending on your mobile OS, either use the adblock browser or use any of the various ad blocking browser extensions if the OS supports it.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I don't know how useful the search function would be even if it was working properly but I believe that the Google method of searching may be far superior even if the default search did work properly. I've been using the Google method a lot lately on this and other forums with great results and it's definitely more useful than the search function that we had with the prior version of the forum software. With Google. there is no word length requirement and you can easily exclude terms from searches. The best part is that it can be used to search for images in the forum as well. I posted the Google workaround for the search function awhile back but for anyone that didn't see it, you may find this thread helpful: A Google search tip to augment the improperly working search function here
Vbulletin search is fine if setup properly but google can help you narrow down results. Just to add to what you had suggested, also use the quote modifier to narrow down your searches further, ie "soldier story" multicam site:eek:nesixthwarriors.com. Also works great with various email providers, ebay, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts