One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a rather pricey head sculpt from a China ebay store. It passed through the lengthy process of ISC NY (I. E. forever) but eventually it started moving again until it reached the LOCAL USPS post office in my sweet little south eastern town (I. E. dumba** land) this morning. AND, it got sent back to customs. To be clear: It was on the truck "out for delivery." The person driving the USPS delivery truck saw my package was from China (with an eBay generated e-packet shipping label) and decided to deliver it to LOCAL customs instead of to me. It already passed through customs in NY. Is this legal???? And Im not calling everyone in the South East dumb, but I spent hours on the phone with the managers of this post office and they/their people (who make $25-$35 an hour) don't know what an e-packet is. That's pretty bad/and this (situation is horribly inconvenient).

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Do you really think the driver makes $25-$35 an hour? He/she was the one who made the decision to drop it off at customs....

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. But why would they do that once it's already passed through customs?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never seen this.

I can only guess somehow that particular parcel code got mixed up and it didn't actually clear customs, and "out for delivery" status is an error for unknown reason.

I hope it works out for you.
Thanks man. But that just doesn't make any sense to me. When something comes into the country and passes the LOOOOONNNNGGG scrutinizing stay at customs-it's done. Once it's "on truck for delivery" I want names and numbers of people who send it back cuz they just wanted to. I have to work really hard to pay for these. I do my job correctly. People (and idiots) who work for USPS make good money so they need to (pick the corn out of their teeth and learn how to) do their job!!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never seen this.

I can only guess somehow that particular parcel code got mixed up and it didn't actually clear customs, and "out for delivery" status is an error for unknown reason.

I hope it works out for you.
Also according to USPS 'agents' they "don't make mistakes." But if you ever find yourself in a strange delivery situation check eBay's, (etc's) tracking history records. USPS can't manipulate those. I am done with them. FedEx and UPS are superior carriers.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
It was on the truck "out for delivery." The person driving the USPS delivery truck saw my package was from China (with an eBay generated e-packet shipping label) and decided to deliver it to LOCAL customs instead of to me. It already passed through customs in NY. Is this legal???? And Im not calling everyone in the South East dumb, but I spent hours on the phone with the managers of this post office and they/their people (who make $25-$35 an hour) don't know what an e-packet is. That's pretty bad/and this (situation is horribly inconvenient).
If the package was not deliverable as addressed is one possibility. It could be a scan error, which is more likely. If you get in touch with USPS with the actual tracking number they may have some more scan information that isn't on the public site. Should you find yourself near a post office, any of the postal clerks should be able to have a look as well as they have access to the same information. On occasion I'll check when I see something really off about one of my packages, sometimes there will be additional info, other times not. It's also worth noting that international packages end up on manifests with other international packages and you occasionally see strange scans as a result. As an example for a shipment going out of the US I'll sometimes see it clear outbound customs then get scanned back into customs at an airport in a different US city. Scans like that are only supposed to be internal and not public facing and relate to when the manifest gets scanned. You can never rule out posties/delivery guys gaming the system with false scans as well, happens sometimes when they are tracked on certain performance metrics.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks AdamC!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts