One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Cobra Infantry Commander
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen any Xmas powerteam stuff at Big Lots as of yet? i'm guessing by next month there will either be pte, or there wont. i checked like 2 weeks ago and nothing, so i might check again on Friday, but for now...i cannot say if there is or isnt. if you have seen any stuff please let me know.

· 1:6 Acquisitionist
13,360 Posts
They're out in select stores in the SouthEast. a few 12"ers and a whoel lot of 4"ers.
--

I'll check the BIG LOTS stores in my area.

Where PTE figures are appreciated and liked by some, the value for the money balance is a bit off nowadays.

Previously, fully loaded boxed figures were around $12.00 to $15.00, but the streamlined bare bones figures with minimal accessories cost about $10.00 to $12.00 last time I checked.

It's a sign of the times . . . less for more I guess.

· Registered
5,802 Posts
--

Where PTE figures are appreciated and liked by some, the value for the money balance is a bit off nowadays.

Previously, fully loaded boxed figures were around $12.00 to $15.00, but the streamlined bare bones figures with minimal accessories cost about $10.00 to $12.00 last time I checked.

You're not wrong, but when you figure how much these same figures would cost if they had a different manufacturer's name on them and if they sold in different markets, the value reduction seems negligible.

Besides I think most of us around OSW likely get PTE just for the headsculpts and for army-builder bodies. So if they hedge their price against inflation by omitting accessories that are substandard for serious bashes, that's ok by me.

· Cobra Infantry Commander
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
--

You're not wrong, but when you figure how much these same figures would cost if they had a different manufacturer's name on them and if they sold in different markets, the value reduction seems negligible.

Besides I think most of us around OSW likely get PTE just for the headsculpts and for army-builder bodies. So if they hedge their price against inflation by omitting accessories that are substandard for serious bashes, that's ok by me.
i couldn't agree more! i have several using high end gear like my vietnam soldier, and my FBI agent wip, as well as a wip LAPD Astro pilot.

13,360 Posts

--

I purchased 1:6 PTE offerings primarily for their 1:6 clothing and some accessories.

Their 1:6 clothing (BDUs, etc.) fit normal 1:6 bodies (i.e. 21STCT, BBI, DML, etc.) bodies quite well including 1:6 female bodies.

Some 1:6 accessories are on par with 21STCT.

I never cared for their head sculpts/bodies and usually sold the accumulated bodies for a fair price at the JOELANTA shows I attended.

· Registered
5,802 Posts
--

I purchased 1:6 PTE offerings primarily for their 1:6 clothing and some accessories.

Their 1:6 clothing (BDUs, etc.) fit normal 1:6 bodies (i.e. 21STCT, BBI, DML, etc.) bodies quite well including 1:6 female bodies.

Some 1:6 accessories are on par with 21STCT.

I never cared for their head sculpts/bodies and usually sold the accumulated bodies for a fair price at the JOELANTA shows I attended.
Fair enough, and different strokes for different folks and all that, but I suspect your experience is anomalous. I have never heard anyone speak positively of PTE gear other than that it's nice to have it available at retail for kids to play with. On the other hand I know several bashers who appreciate the bodies for army-builder or even "front and center but cheap" usability. And the PTE headsculpts are a treasure trove especially for African-American, Hispanic and even some Asian heads you simply can't get anywhere else.

13,360 Posts
Fair enough, and different strokes for different folks and all that, but I suspect your experience is anomalous. I have never heard anyone speak positively of PTE gear other than that it's nice to have it available at retail for kids to play with. On the other hand I know several bashers who appreciate the bodies for army-builder or even "front and center but cheap" usability. And the PTE headsculpts are a treasure trove especially for African-American, Hispanic and even some Asian heads you simply can't get anywhere else.
--

If you have not noticed, I'm an anomalous kind of collector given my reputation.

13,360 Posts
Reputation? I only believe the good parts. :wink
--

What good parts?

I was not aware of any good parts.

Back to the subject at hand . . .

I'm planning to drive across to the other end of town where I reside to visit a retailer mentioned in another PTE thread to see if they have any 1:6 PTE offerings. I hope to make the trip Saturday.

· Registered
5,802 Posts
--

What good parts?

I was not aware of any good parts.

Back to the subject at hand . . .

I'm planning to drive across to the other end of town where I reside to visit a retailer mentioned in another PTE thread to see if they have any 1:6 PTE offerings. I hope to make the trip Saturday.
Keep us posted what you see this year. For me it's a 100 mile drive and crossing the US border so not undertaken lightly. Last time across I picked up two BBI Duck Hunters from TRU and a PTE figure from Big Lots so that I could mix and match, and make two different hunters out of it (since the Turkey, Bear and Deer ones aren't easily available).

· in-the-closet lesbian
4,341 Posts
Keep us posted what you see this year. For me it's a 100 mile drive and crossing the US border so not undertaken lightly. Last time across I picked up two BBI Duck Hunters from TRU and a PTE figure from Big Lots so that I could mix and match, and make two different hunters out of it (since the Turkey, Bear and Deer ones aren't easily available).
I wish I could get those hunter figures here in UK. I didn't find them when I did visit USA not long ago so still hoping to get them one day

· Registered
5,802 Posts
I wish I could get those hunter figures here in UK. I didn't find them when I did visit USA not long ago so still hoping to get them one day
I believe Duck Hunter (best one because it has the dog?) is generally available at US Toys r Us. Last month I was in Buffalo and 2 out of 3 TRUS had them. All were originally Target exclusives. The other 3 remain hard to get: Turkey, Bear and Deer. So I bought two Duck Hunters and varied one up with a PTE body.

· Jawa
1,547 Posts
I buy them primarily for their clothing and their accessories. Their belts and holsters are great and I throw them on a bunch of my bashes. I don't like the plastic vests and similar gear, but everything else is pretty usable.

I modify the bodies and use them for background troop builders. However, my main reason for purchasing the figures is for the clothing and accessories.

· Registered
495 Posts
I found the duck hunter on the toys r us USA website does the dog have opening jaws?

I must say I find their website even more confusing than the store to navigate !

Oh gawd now you've done it I found a link to the boyds bear site nooooo! remember you need to get rid of your collection ...... (sorry panic over)

· Registered
489 Posts
i spoke the manager of a Big Lots store they get their x mas stuff right after halloween.
i mentioned that liked the african american figures and could order a case for me.He said he had no say in x mas assortment for toy dept. I checked every two weeks until they hit and scored 1/2 aa figures . that was half the allotment
got for the season.

· Registered
283 Posts
I am very hesitant to do the week-to-week Big Lots check for my 50-mile radius. I remember the disappointment from last year. It was a lot of wasted gas and time scouring those stores only to find one beat-up crappy figure.

I mean, I want to. I really do. Especially looking back at how cool some of the figures were last year. It's just I can't compete with some of these faster hoarder/eBayer guys (or gals)!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.