One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
gear .....
551 Posts
Depends on who you ask. There has been some discontent regarding the recent otaku release, as some folks had their figures come apart.

Triad claims to have addressed the fragile issue in upcoming releases. I for one like their stuff, as I have found it to be high quality goods (I may be biased, as my figure didn't break)...and I have several standing pre-orders with them. If I recall correctly they charge your cc when it ships.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would like to hear more about Triad Toys. They have some cool stuff, don't know if they can be trusted. Seems like their availability for preorders are sometimes in question.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would like to hear more about Triad Toys. They have some cool stuff, don't know if they can be trusted. Seems like their availability for preorders are sometimes in question.
Not really...estimated arrival dates can change for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't hold that against them.

There's been some question about lack of response on their customer service at times, but I think they've been working to improve that.

Anyway, I do also have two standing preorders through Triad as well.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
they are a new company and still getting the kinks worked out
I trust them with my preorder
Woe to you...

Buying stock items from Triad is one thing... Buying limited release stuff from them has been (for me) a nightmare.

I will stand behind their products but they suck at customer service. I prefer to buy their products from another vender, like Good Stuff To Go, who will back up their policies.

·
God's gift to women
195 Posts
I bought from Triad directly recently. I found their customer service to be good. They replied my email promptly and the order went through without much hassle. I know that some members here have experienced bad issues with them but I would suggest to try them out first and then make a decision on them. I did and was pleasantly surprised!

·
They're not dolls R they?
1,698 Posts
Spent over $1000 US recently and I had a lot of problems !!!!!! Had to email them several times to find out when my packages would arrive.

95% of the time, triad would give out tracking numbers only to find that - USPS would say that they have been electronically notified that a package would be received from them. Only to find out 2-3 weeks later that the status has not changed. Once Triad staff physically delivers your package to the post office whenever that is, they give U another tracking number !!!!!!!! How does that work ???????

My latest package of $140 worth has still not turned up after 2 months !!! I am really pissed off !!!

well 80% of my packages have turned up. Guess I should be happy with that !:fit

·
Registered
529 Posts
No problems whatsoever.... I've ordered in stock items with prompt delivery.... I've ordered pre order items that have been delivered without any problems once they were released. (they have delayed releases of items but so have many other major players)
I have some of their new stuff on pre order as well.... They quality is great.... So from my experience i'd have to say they were good all round to deal with...

Hope this helps some

·
The Plastic Castaway
1,493 Posts
I will stand behind their products but they suck at customer service. I prefer to buy their products from another vender, like Good Stuff To Go, who will back up their policies.
I partly agree with this. I haven't bought anything from them since the SNAFU around May/June. Their products are cool, but the customer service is questionable. I wouldn't go so far as to say that "they suck" at it, but it's the only 1/6 related store I ever had trouble with. I eventually received everything I was supposed to, but it took several emails as well as posting on their forums to get it fixed.

As KneeJoint suggested, I would buy from a reseller instead of direct.

I know some people consider them a "new" company, but they really aren't new. They've been selling products for about 3 years now. I think three years is sufficient time to work out the kinks.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41826

That's a thread from 07/2005 announcing their upcoming outfit sets and "The Enforcer" set.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I really enjoy their products (although I must admit I haven't bought any of their bodies) but I nly order through GSTG since having a lot of problems with their customer service. They may have fixed things, but I see no need to risk it when I can buy with confidence from GSTG.

·
1/6 Hoarder
1,363 Posts
I think the problems with their customer service can mostly be blamed on the Otaku release. They sold out way too quickly and were taken by surprise especially because of the pre-orders. Forgive them or not, I wouldn't say there's a problem with ordering from them.

If you're just ordering in stock items you definitely should be fine.

·
Runs with Scissors
4,605 Posts
I think the problems with their customer service can mostly be blamed on the Otaku release. They sold out way too quickly and were taken by surprise especially because of the pre-orders. Forgive them or not, I wouldn't say there's a problem with ordering from them.

If you're just ordering in stock items you definitely should be fine.
unfortunately their communications and customer service problems predate the otaku release...

They really do however try to make things right in most circumstances...

i think the problem is that they are attempting to do too much too fast and the basic service and infrastructure of the business itself seems to have been neglected somewhat to focus on growth instead...

it's not that they are dishonest. i don't believe that they are intentionally screwing anyone over...

i just think they are spread too thin and need to slow down and fix the issues before continuing to expand.

the products that i have bought from them are excellent. the service/communication was not. (5 different tracking numbers?!?!?) But they did try to fix the problem with my order and sent out a replacement for the item that needed one...

that counts for something...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Triad reorg

** I have also delt with them for years and tons of orders. There has only been 2 mistakes and they fixed them right away without hesitation.

** I think they have become bigger, faster than they expected and could use some more staff to help out, but they are a solid company and anyone should be comfortable dealing with them.

** I think they had recent issues because Daniel had left the company to go back to school and they had to plug in a new guy (Jon Jacobs) to handle his duties. So there was a lag with all the orders that Daniel was handling. Give Jon time, he has a lot of orders & accounts to go through and clean up. I'm sure he will get it all cleared up and things should be back to normal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.