One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long underwear is the only thing I can think of when I try to describe it. I know it's a funny question, but I'm looking for a white long sleeve shirt with no collar that buttons down just at the top, and stretchy like a t-shirt. I could make one, but I'm too lazy :p

·
Registered
242 Posts
What, like a henley shirt? I've made some out of old t-shirts when I first tried making clothes, but they weren't anything to look at.

·
Medic
2,882 Posts
Yeah, I think he means henley's. I think I may have seen some a couple of years ago on one of those sites that mainly sells civilian clothes. I can't remember which one it was, now, though. :cry

- Ian

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Dragon/CH produced at least one figure with a "long John" shirt, "Joe", made to represent the Charles Bronson character from The Dirty Dozen. It was done in tan but could be dyed or bleached according to taste/usage. I think there was one other figure that wore this same shirt but can't remember which one. They were always difficult to find & costly loose; the boxed figure, aside from a nice Bronson sculpt, isn't really worth the expense. You might try the Joe site Project Are Action Outfitters (http://www.project-are.com/areframe.htm), can't say for sure but worth a shot. Alternatively you can make a stab at piecing one together yourself using an old tee shirt or skivvies. Save some time by starting with an existing 1/6 tee, remove the short sleeves and creat new long sleeves (real easy to do), cut the neck, glue back some material for the edges and add buttons. You could as easily do a complete "union suit) the Dr. Denton style one piece long Johns common in the 19th C. and still worn today by hunters and other outdoorsman.

·
Registered
242 Posts
There's a sewing tutorial in the custom's section that gives a step by step for sewing the old civil war era shirts. Made out of old t-shirt material and with the opening in front shortened by half, it would be a fair model for a henley.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is also an OLD Gi Joe, GI Joe U.S. Army Coldweather 12" Action Figure.
He has a set of long underwear. You may be able to get a set cheap thru Ebay, or some old online stores may have them sitting around. The underwear has long sleeves and it has bottoms as well. They are od green. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, a henley shirt is what I'm looking for. I didn't know the name (thanks guys).
Furious Genius: I never even thought of converting a 1/6 t-shirt (it's always the simple things we think of last sometimes). I'll probably end up just making the whole thing. I really appreciate all the help I get from everyone here though. You guys are the best!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
GREAT question, Reggie! I've been looking for red or white "long johns" for cowboy figures. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Kat

·
Registered
215 Posts
Long underwear is the only thing I can think of when I try to describe it. I know it's a funny question, but I'm looking for a white long sleeve shirt with no collar that buttons down just at the top, and stretchy like a t-shirt. I could make one, but I'm too lazy :p
Amy Jones at ajclothiers.com has made “longjohns” for 1:6 scale figures. She might have some on her webpage in white right now, but not positive..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts