One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
DML's MARPAT is almost grey in color. Way too light. I don't have any pictures or anything, but if I were going to bash a US Marine, I would most definitely go with another company's MARPAT.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
The DML desert Marpat I have has funny little bits of pink in it. I think it was supposed to be the tan-sienna colour in the 1:1 swatch.

Some people have used it to good effect, a soak in some Earl Grey tea should give it a better hue after being tea dyed. One of my favourites of this was done by Eagle_MP. CB, did you do the same too?

I sort of like where DML tried to differ from the only other Marpat at the time, BBi. It seems now that everyone else went darker, except for DML who went lighter--which would have turned out better had they used more accurate colours and a more accurate pattern..

Edit, added picture, HT on the left--a tad darker than BBi's, this one is from the Fallujah SAW gunner; DML on the right; and Saturday Toys boonie in the middle.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Sigh - still we wait for a really accurate desert marpat - I don't understand how every company manages to get the woodland marpat down but the desert pattern still somehow eludes them... :fit

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Staying on the side tangent of the desert MARPAT from DML (with the agreement that I am sure Stinny is dead on on his review). The carded MARPAT set, while still light in color would still not necessarily need a wash in tea if, in fact, one were going for a used in the desert look wherein color would be bleached/dust covered/ washed in questionable cleaning sources and dried in the sun. Now I may be just saying this as I am in the process of a bash using this particular uniform, or I may have a valid point as to the weathering aspects.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I don't like the uniform as it came [or as mine came] mint* from the factory, as there is an odd pinkish tinge to it.

Taking in consideration to fading, it works ok though. I just wish DML could have spent the extra 5 minutes and tweaked the colours in Pshop before reprinting it, assuming they're not just held over old stock.

Good luck with your leatherneck, Tatuued, always good to see a new USMC bash around these parts.

Speaking of Rick, I still need to get an M240 lol. Too bad they marked the price on these rereleased figures so high. It probably hurts the dealers more than we know. As of late I've seen the rereleased Aaron now Louis v1 and v2 marked down to 25-30 just to get rid of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.