One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Has anyone else noticed the P/TBL S09C; S06B are now pale instead of suntan?

Miscellaneous Subject 
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Raiden 
#1 ·
I bought (2) two new "old suntan" Phicen bodies. A S06B and a S09C arrived yesterday from same seller/source. The first difference I noticed was the box now says "TBLEAGUE" on the top. When I opened them, both were pale. I've never owned a pale Phicen. So I don't know if these are technically what is considered pale. But when compared to my other S09Cs and 6Bs, they look pale. I have an "Asian beauty" female head sculpt that is advertised/sold on ebay as X-MEN's Blink. This head sculpt is also pale. And it's a 100% match with both bodies. Are the original versions of the S09C and S06B still available? And what about the PPLS09-2014&S06-2014? These are the figures with head sculpt (brunette and blonde), extra hands and wearing white bikinis. So if I buy a new PPLS09C/6B today, will it say "TBLEAGUE" on the box or just state the company's name as Phicen? And are they still suntan or pale now?

#2 ·
As previous mentioned in the post here, I too had the same experience when I got the S12D. By comparisons, the current production model (under the TBLeague company name packaging) seems to match up very closely with the 'new suntan' tones. I don't believe we can get the 'old suntan' tones any more that Phicen use to produce...until they decide to make it available again.

#4 ·
I wonder if the same is true of the boxed Phicen figures with old suntan? If I (am fortunate enough to) find Sparta Warrior for sale, will it be new suntan?

#5 ·
My first question would be who was the seller and do you trust them not to have switched out bodies on you? I didn't know that Phicen/TBLeague had started selling their older figures under the newer packaging, though I suppose it's possible, but most of the stock in most of the dealers I trust in the US are all showing a mix of bodies in stock from that 2014/2015 run. I always read that to mean that they were just running down of the stock they had and that TBLeague wasn't re-issuing those base bodies. I'm not saying they aren't -- just that I have no conclusive proof that they're doing this one way or the other. I would be a little surprised, since they haven't done that kind of thing in the past, but they change their minds about a lot of things (like model numbers and what they mean) so who knows?

However, there is still a visible difference between pale (far left in the photo below) and the 2 different suntan skintones (far right). I don't know the headsculpt you're referring to above, but in general there are very, very few genuine pale headsculpts on the market.

Phicen/TBLeague Base Body Comparison Shot by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

Also, for the record: the "Milla" headsculpt on the S23B body is technically "darker" suntan while Mercy Dante on the older darker muscle body I picked up parted out is "lighter" suntan. The difference between them is really negligible and easily hidden, IMO.

I know the first run Red Sonja came in 2 production batches, with the first in the older suntan and the second in the newer, lighter one. I also know that Sparta Warrior came in 2 batches (mostly because I had 1 on pre-order that came with the first run, and grabbed a second one that came several months later) and they were both the same mostly-suntan-but-not-quite skin tone. AFAIK, there hasn't been another run after those 2, so if you get one you'll get that so-far unique Sparta skintone (Sparta Captain is the new, lighter suntan). Other than that, I've heard that some re-issues of Tomoe shifted to pale rather than the tan skintone, but that's not something I've seen evidence of for sure. All the boxed sets starting with Mercy Dante were the newer lighter suntan, and I haven't heard of any boxed sets other than Red Sonja warranting a second production run at all (though I also admit I haven't exactly been keeping track).

#6 ·
And I haven't contacted Phicen or all the retailers I use. But I have written letters/asked trusted ebay sellers questions about this. They all have different answers. Some say the PPLS09&6 are both now the new suntan (as are the head less S06B, 9C and 12D). They say it doesn't matter whether the box says "TBLEAGUE" or Phicen. It's basically a guessing game. I did get one ebay seller tell me the only one still made for sure with the dark old suntan is the S02A. But eh....

#8 ·
I picked up an older S06 as well a few months ago knowing that the original was the darker suntan that I liked.....but once I opened it I realized it was changed to the new lighter suntan instead. I honestly think they stopped using the darker suntan either due to not being able to reproduce that color any longer (which is weird since the male bodies are still dark) or two, and the reason I am leaning more towards, is that they see that everyone is using their bodies to replace Hot Toys bodies......maybe they don't like that? Maybe HT sent them a C&D and told them to stop using that color? Maybe they struck a deal with HT so people would stop switching out the bodies? I honestly don't know but it's frustrating as a good large portion of the available headsculpts out there match the darker tone. I just put a Verycool "Max" on a Phicen and luckily I had a spare darker skin S06 left.

Oh, and the one I purchased new was in a Phicen box, and not labeled TBLeague.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.