One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember 3 or 4 years ago that a 1/6th scale Roughneck's armored suit was made for a convention in Japan. I saw a pic of them lined up at the show but never any close ups. Surely someone must have posted pics somewhere right.

I've done google and yahoo japan, but haven't found anything. I just wanted to see one of these sets close up. If any one knows of any pics I'd appreciate it if you could point the way.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the Starship troopers stuff at Roughneck Joes, but I was talking about the "powered suit" version from the Roughnecks computer animated cartoon series.

Thanks for that link though.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Good luck my friend. If you find them, please post them here. I've never even heard of those, but they sound very cool. The only 1/6th Roughnecks armor suits I've ever seen were some modified 1/6th model kits on the Roughnecks Joes site. There were a few 1/6th versions made of those 1/20th suits mentioned above, which some people have cut apart and made into Joe suits. I remember seeing a desert camo version on Roughneck Joes, but that still wasn't the animated series stuff.

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Crap! I just found my ultimate Holy grail in 1/6th. That Liquid Stone suit is insane. Forget modern. If anyone ever managed to make that in decent quantity and availability to us westerners all my Joes would be ST's.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Dave70b, Thanks for posting that link! 2004?! WOW ... That is THE COOLEST thing I've ever seen in 1/6th! Ever!

A tragedy that we'll likely not see these again other than in pictures. I'm archiving those pictures for reference. If they were ever to release these even in the same quantity and price point as say some of the rarer HT figures I'd be all over a few. I'm sure I'm not the only one. There's gotta be more than a few Space Trooper nuts out there.

Anyway, best of luck to those in search of 1/6th ST fare.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's them That's them. Man what I wouldn't give for one of those. That's along the lines of the Motorbike from Akira in coolness.

I am guessing ever buying one would be like winning the lottery. But anyone making a new set would probably make a mint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts