One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. gents my 6 year old son loves the Tremors movies.I was wondering if anyone had made toys or customs of the creatures from these movies.Any help would be greatly appreciated.I want to get him some if there were any made, or make him some if I can find a way to do it.Thanks in advance for any help gents.I know Sideshow made or is making a Graboid maquette but I'm not shelling out almost 400 bucks for something and my son not be able to even play with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi...To my knowledge the only tremor stuff arround is a Graboid resine kit you can still find on ebay in thailand (probably recasts) price is 45bucks without shipping...
But for a 6 year old...working resine, and doing the paint job...well maybe if daddy has some garage kit experience....

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
I could only find one of the Michael Gross survivalist character in a diorama with one of the critters. It's by a company called Sota Toys "Now Playing". You'll have to search around the net, eBay, online dealers, etc. for where to buy.

Attachments

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Now that I think of it a 1/6 graboid would be cool as hell. Prolly even more fun would be a 1/6 version of the "chicken" graboids from the second film. Cool spot furious gen. ...didn't even know SOTA had done an action figure version.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help gents.Looks like I'm gonna be looking for movie stills and hopefully able to come up with something.That SOTA offering is cool but I want him to be able to play with them.

·
The rest will flow
333 Posts
As far as I know, the SOTA boxset was never released and is in limbo, probably never to see the light of day.

A 1/6 graboid or even some shriekers would be an amazing feat, I'd love to see it! Just um.. skip the assblasters. :sleep

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LMAO.Yeah I don't think I'd do the assblasters for him.Definitely not something he needs.The only thing I had found so far was a Maquette of a Graboid by Sideshow and it was around 400 dollars.Thanks ,but no thanks way too much for me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Burt in 1:6

I did a Burt and Tyler in 1;6, and Burt's Power Wagon from the Series... even tried a graboid, but I couldn't do the beak.

I'll try to post pics of Burt and Tyler later this week. The power wagon is down and out- needing some repair on the r/c chassis- yes, it was a new Bright 1:6 Ford F150 R/C truck.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I remember seeing someone's Burt Gummer on MWD some time back.Was that yours CMartin?They had a dio of him and a bunch of weapons set up like his room in the movie.Thanks for the help gents.One of these days I may have to try making one myself.

·
(a.k.a. Allen)
1,219 Posts
Tremors! The original is still the best!
Michael Gross and Reba Mcentire played the very best survivalists I have ever seen in a movie. Survivalists are always psycho, uneducated, or hardcore conspiracy nuts in movies, but Tremors broke that mold. It is just too bad that more movies haven't followed that example.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Custom Burt

Couldn't find pics of my Burt from the Series, but my various Burt customs from the past;

My first bash used a variety of parts and wasn't all that good. I was aimign for the Tremors 3 Burt.

Second time around, I had a better vest and shirt and it was much closer.

My final version is Burt in duck hunter camo from a photo comic I was trying to do back in 2004 (set in Florida). Alas, that project never got very far.

Since then, I've done Burt in the 3color desert camo from the Series and upgraded the dragon vest. It's a MUCH better figure now. I'll have to remember to take some pictures.

Most notably, I got some inkjet printer water slide decal sheets and made the logos for Burt's and Tyler's caps from the series.

The R/C truck I had I was a New bright F150. But it's pitiful rear wheel drive action and small tires just didn't work for me. I tried to match the body onto a Nylint Rock Climber, but that proved difficult as well. Now it's in a box in the basement, where I plan to eventually mate the F150 1:6 body to a 1:8 New Bright "Monster Truck" chassis, so I have the big tires (of course, it'll still be lame-o rear wheel drive only)

Attachments

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Great customs CMartin, I lol'd at the gun room, ah memories. :)

Hmm.. there are probably better ideas out there, but an alligator or parrot hand puppet could be a good base, with some cardboard pieces to stiffen and shape the beak and mandibles. After that, cover it in leather [Hobby Lobby sells leather remnants in large pieces really inexpensively] and it should have the texture and look of a graboid.

Just an idea, good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.