One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Freakin' Dude!
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these at My local Walgreens and had the thought of 1:6 females figures but before I invest I gotta know something.

Is it possible that these can go on 1:6 females (not counting Barbie and the like)? I know nothing about these sets. Is it easy to make and can it be done quickly as well?

Any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
306 Posts
These are just cloth swatches. You can form them into clothes, but they are only held together by slots in the manikin body. If you are looking for finished outfits, these will not help.

·
Freakin' Dude!
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are just cloth swatches. You can form them into clothes, but they are only held together by slots in the manikin body. If you are looking for finished outfits, these will not help.
OK Koa, thanks for the heads up!

·
1:6 Mechanic
1,046 Posts
There are other more extensive sets in this range, some even contain a 12" doll/mannequin, and there are shoes, wigs, and various accessories and clothes in the sets. I wish they were available in the UK. cause I would buy some of them for femme bashing!

·
Freakin' Dude!
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are other more extensive sets in this range, some even contain a 12" doll/mannequin, and there are shoes, wigs, and various accessories and clothes in the sets. I wish they were available in the UK. cause I would buy some of them for femme bashing!
Hey Unklian, is this what your talking about? I found it on the official web site!

I wonder if these would be simply to do on BBI and others or if their held by slots like Koa was saying? It would be cool to have more 1:6 options!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The mannequin's also use the same slot system for dressing. They are roughly smaller than Barbie, bodice, waist, and hip wise. Their feet are bigger though and have pegs on the bottom to fit into the stands.

·
1:6 Mechanic
1,046 Posts
Hey Unklian, is this what your talking about? I found it on the official web site!

I wonder if these would be simply to do on BBI and others or if their held by slots like Koa was saying? It would be cool to have more 1:6 options!
Yes that is what I meant. I thought they might be a usefull source of clothes, wigs and other bits. I realised the actual figures probably werent much good on their own, but might be useful for a head, hands and feet to add to a proper articulated body. I did find them on sale in the UK in the end, but at £30 for a figure and few bits that is too much for bashing I think !

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
I watched the video on the official website and they look pretty good. There appears to be enough material to sew seams and add hooks and eyes and/or snaps to make finished doll clothing. If the price is right I think they'd be very useful.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a couple of these. The shoes will fit the HT TT Female high-heeled feet and the wigs will fit most 1/6 female figures if you glue them on. But the newer mannequins come with rooted hair, not wigs. So if you want them mainly for the wigs, you are going to have to look for the earlier models (Lucia, Victoria, Roses & Bows, and the one with hot pink hair).

The clothing is really just made up of different sized fabric swatches. You might be able to sew something with some of the larger swatches, but most of the swatches really are not big enough to make anything with them.

The hands and feet do not come off of the earlier mannequins. Apparently, the newer mannequins have hands that can be removed. I don't know how well they would go on a 1/6 body, though, since they are more like Barbie doll hands. I do think you could probably detach the heads and use them on articulated bodies. But I haven't tried this yet.

·
Runs with Scissors
4,605 Posts
I watched the video on the official website and they look pretty good. There appears to be enough material to sew seams and add hooks and eyes and/or snaps to make finished doll clothing. If the price is right I think they'd be very useful.
yeah... and you could probably make cookies by sifting all the cookie dough from gallons of cookie dough ice cream.... but that doesn't mean it's worth the time, effort or expense when there are so many other options available.

i have a whole bunch of harumika manikins... the heads, wigs and bodies are pretty cool... but the "clothing" scraps and swatches are not worth the price of admission, imho. you are probably better off buying premade doll clothes or fabric by the yard to sew your own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts