One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Average Guy
2,324 Posts
He is probably right, I have been unimpressed by the trailers. The Clone Wars shorts from Cartoon Network was amazing and that was what I was hoping for too, a longer version of that. So we will see, even if it is horrible I will still end up watching it at least once just in case.

·
The Plastic Castaway
1,493 Posts
Wait there was stuff after Ewoks? Oh... I must have missed it...wait no I found notes I made:

"Dear IOT,

You are writing yourself this note as a reminder. I'm going to annihilate the brain cells containing memories of anything that happened after Return Of The Jedi in the Star Wars universe. Granted I should erase most of ROTJ for you also, but alas, you would always wonder why you hadn't seen the last of the trilogy. Anyway, DON'T watch any Star Wars material after ROTJ. Trust me. You cried yourself to sleep a lot and this memory wipe is the only way you can live out the rest of your days.

Remember IOT....ROTJ is THE END of the series. The end. Don't go looking for answers. You'll be horrified at what you find.

Love,

Yourself"

That was nice of me to write to me to save me.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
THe only reason I am going to see this movie is because my 6 year old son wants to see it. I have ZERO interest in it. Gonna be sooooo bad.

·
Custom User Title
2,594 Posts
I kinda hope it doesnt suck
I loved the Clone Wars cartoon
I thought it was much better than Lucas's movies
I would like to see more movies or shows about Star Wars
he doesnt need to retire
he just needs to make sure the product he puts out doesnt suck

On a side note I trust harries review I just dont like the big fat ***

·
Registered
476 Posts
First of all , I'm not going to get into the "Prequels raped my childhood" debate , but for God's sake , what is it with the hatred of George Lucas ? So , you were disapointed with the prequels , well you are all grown ups and no one has a gun to your heads , DON'T buy any Star Wars stuff ! Lucas is a writer/director who cares about the Star Wars franchise/property/whatever . Okay , his choices haven't always been the best (in the eyes of the "fans" at least), but it's his "thing" so it's up to him how he handles it . and after all , the prequels HAVE made a boatload of cash , so SOMEONE must be enjoying them ! I personally am a fan in my 40's and I love the prequels (admittedly some more than others) and I look forward to taking my 5 year old son to see The Clone Wars . Lighten up , they're only movies .

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Hey looking at that Harry Guy makes me feel like i have bulimia.
Is he somewhat important in the SW Fanbase or why does Lucas give a flying fu&(% about his review?

·
Plastic Yank
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey looking at that Harry Guy makes me feel like i have bulimia.
Is he somewhat important in the SW Fanbase or why does Lucas give a flying fu&(% about his review?
I'm not really sure what his significance is, to be honest. The news is just a bit weird, first because of Lucasfilm apparently forcing a negative review off the net, and secondly because Harry Knowles wrote a negative review in the first place, which, as this (somewhat NSFW) Penny Arcade webstrip indicates, is somewhat out of character for him.

·
The Plastic Castaway
1,493 Posts
Lucas needs to just hand over bare bones scripts to actual screenwriters. That was why Empire Strikes Back was so good. He had much less to do with that movie as far as the writing went. The original movie was the only one that he did well by himself. The prequels are laughable.

After the praise for the original Clone Wars cartoon, you'd think Lucas would have sense to assemble that team to make this movie. Nope. I honestly think he intentionally wants to destroy Star Wars sometimes. But why would you slaughter your cash cow for a quick steak? He makes no sense to me.

As for arguments about how much money it has made. Money made does not always = good. Take a look at various pop music artists for similar comparisons. :)

In all fairness, I think Lucas created a cool universe and some really interesting characters. I mean the cast of the first 3 movies is iconic. Darth Vader is possibly the best known villain of all time. However, Lucas is a mediocre writer overall and if you leave it up to him to write dialog it's going to be ridiculous. He's a big fan of goofy slapstick stuff as well. That's fine once in a great while, but he really tries to force it way too often and not just in the Star Wars movies. If you don't think so watch Willow (the brownies), Return of the Jedi (ewoks and the stupid "death" of Boba Fett), and Episode I (JarJar) for starters. You can even see his terrible slapstick creep into every single Indiana Jones movie too.

Lucas. Boooooo.

No Lucas did not put a gun to my head and force me to buy anything. Matter of fact I NEVER bought any Star Wars stuff after ROTJ. Even as a kid when I watched ROTJ I felt a little disappointment. It just didn't feel right. Never bought the movies (no thanks...don't want the "enhanced versions"). Only watched the first two prequels and then refused to give him any more money for Star Wars. After the last Indiana Jones movie, I lost my faith in that series as well (though that's not entirely Lucas to blame there).

That's my opinion of Lucas and how his series have panned out.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
:grinroll Somehow I knew it....but I wasn't counting on just how bad it could be....

I've never hated a STAR WARS film before. I have weathered Jar Jar and any number of Ewoks. I survived Hayden and a wooden Portman. I even accepted Jake Lloyd. I handled all that because it felt like STAR WARS.

I can accept all of Lucas' flaws, so long as at its heart it felt like Star Wars. I can deal with politics in Star Wars. I can deal with trade skirmishes in Star Wars. I can deal with musical numbers, breathing in the vacuum of space. Basically - so long as it feels like STAR WARS - I can watch any of it.

I can't possibly imagine how bad it must be for a guy like this to hate it. I am dying to see this female hutt character now though -:lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
What a potty-mouth. No need for that when you're trying to give the semblance of logical and mature evaluations. The talented use blue language as punctuation, others as a crutch.

I know one sure-fire way to get him to like this;

Sprinklies...the multicolored kind. Or BBQ sauce.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Apparently , Lucasfilm had nothing to do with the removal of the (negative) review. Warner Bros put an embargo on reviews of the film appearing before the release of the movie and some reviewers decided to ignore this . Therefore , Harrys site , as well as a number of others , were asked to remove reviews until after the films release . As usual people are more than willing to believe Lucas and his "Evil Empire" at Lucasfilm are manipulating the media . ( Cos as we know, Star Wars productions ALWAYS get such glowing reviews from critics!) .

·
Plastic Yank
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Apparently , Lucasfilm had nothing to do with the removal of the (negative) review. Warner Bros put an embargo on reviews of the film appearing before the release of the movie and some reviewers decided to ignore this . Therefore , Harrys site , as well as a number of others , were asked to remove reviews until after the films release . As usual people are more than willing to believe Lucas and his "Evil Empire" at Lucasfilm are manipulating the media . ( Cos as we know, Star Wars productions ALWAYS get such glowing reviews from critics!) .
Ah, good to know, thanks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts