One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Dec. 25th 1968 I was five years old. Like most kids I woke up and ran straight for the Christmas tree. Sitting under the tree was a guy dressed in o.d. Green fatigues with a plastic cap and brown rubber boots. My mother said his name was Joe.
Joe has been with me ever since. He and I have both changed alot since that day. He's gotten a new body and repaint and I've just gotten older.
So Happy Birthday Joe and I wish you many more.

If you'd like to read the rest of Joe's story here's his page.
http://www.warlordskeep.net/id23.html
Paul

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yo JOE! Happy Birthday! Very cool repaint, too. Sadly, I don't have the actual Joe from my '70's (i.e. first) childhood, but I did pick up his 40th Anniversay clone. His fashion sense and field kit may be dated, but he is the king of the collection around here. Thanks for posting!

·
Old Enough To Know Better
243 Posts
Happy birthday Joe.
My Land Adventurer would be 33 this year, I think. Of course he's long gone, but I did pick up the repro at Wal-Mart a couple of months back. Just for old times' sake. :)

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Like kirk1168, my original Man Of Action would be 34 today had he survived. :cry Well, I still have parts of him! :sadshake

Fortunately, the character can reincarnate somewhat Dr. Who-like, so he's still around. When Wal Mart started selling the repro Adventure Team guys earlier this year, I made sure to get a new MoA and the rest of the AT crew.

I also bought a spare this time, just in case.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Happy Birthday Joe! Great memories, Paul! It's amazing how those first joes stay with us through thick and thin!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.