·护臂
·护腿
·鞋子
·腰带
武器:
·双手斧
配件:
·圆形地台
..........................................................................................

HaoYuToys 1/6 Chinese Myth Seri-Bull Demon King (NO:010A)

Configuration list

·one(1)head
·one(1)boby
·six(6) piscces of interchangeable palm
Costumes:
·one(1)White open inside shirt
·one(1)black trousers
·one(1)Brown robe
·one(1)Black cloak
、 ·one(1)Red streamers
·one(1)girdle
·one(1)crowns
·one(1)The golden armour
·one(1)Guard arm
·one(1)Leg guard
·one(1)shoes
·one(1)Leather belt
Weapons:
·one(1)Two-handed axes
Accessory:
·one(1)Circular platform

·
BBICN ONLINE
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HaoYuToys 1/6 中国神话系列-牛魔王 (NO:010B)

配置清单:

·头雕
·素体
·6只替换手型
服装:
·白色内襦
·黑色裤子
·棕色长袍
·黑色披风
·红色飘带
·裹腰
·发冠
·金色全战甲
·护臂
·护腿
·鞋子
·腰带
武器:
·双手斧
·双刀
·芭蕉扇
配件:
·场景地台
·战旗

................................................................................

HaoYuToys 1/6 Chinese Myth Seri-Bull Demon King (NO:010B)

Configuration list

·one(1)head
·one(1)boby
·six(6) piscces of interchangeable palm
Costumes:
·one(1)White open inside shirt
·one(1)black trousers
·one(1)Brown robe
·one(1)Black cloak
、 ·one(1)Red streamers
·one(1)girdle
·one(1)crowns
·one(1)The golden armour
·one(1)Guard arm
·one(1)Leg guard
·one(1)shoes
·one(1)Leather belt
Weapons:
·one(1)Two-handed axes
·one(1)Double knife
·one(1)Palm leaf fan
Accessory:
·one(1)scene
·one(1)The banner

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That head sculpt is kewl--I could see running into him at some alien cantina..if I found this parted out I'd get that sculpt in a heartbeat..

·
Registered
711 Posts
I don't know whose concept they made it based on, but it's quite different from I imagined him....
As common sense, He should have much bigger horns and darker skin/hair - not human skin!
My guess is that this figure is based on the Ox King character from the same tv adaption of Journey to the West that Inflames Toy based their figures on. This would explain his human-like appearance as most tv adaptions of this old novel tends to be low budget.

After looking online, I am unable to determine if this version is based on the same one as the Inflames version. There isn't a lot of pictures of the Demon Bull King from that tv adaption, and the ones I found are too grainy to make out. There is probably someone on the forums who can determine which version of the Bull King this is based on, though I am sure it is from one of the iconic movie to tv series adaptions.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Wonderful armour and accessories but the sculpt looks like a friendly cow, not a demon bull!

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
My guess is that this figure is based on the Ox King character from the same tv adaption of Journey to the West that Inflames Toy based their figures on. This would explain his human-like appearance as most tv adaptions of this old novel tends to be low budget.

After looking online, I am unable to determine if this version is based on the same one as the Inflames version. There isn't a lot of pictures of the Demon Bull King from that tv adaption, and the ones I found are too grainy to make out. There is probably someone on the forums who can determine which version of the Bull King this is based on, though I am sure it is from one of the iconic movie to tv series adaptions.
Yes you are right that this is from the Journey to the West classic. Ox King is actually the sworn brother of Sun Wukong but the alliance is a lose one. Anyway, I'm intrigue by this offering and coupled with the fact I am born in the year of the Ox, that could just be the reason I need to get one LOL!

·
Registered
711 Posts
The three versions of Bull Demon King in Chinese TV show (from left to right, 1987, 2009, 2010)

Obviously the head is inspired by the 1987 version, but the armor is their own creation.
Thank you for the first version images as I had trouble finding a clear image of the 1987 version, though I was leaning towards it as the image I did get ahold of was closer to it, though it was blurry and the third version (which I too found) was closer in regards to the nose.

This is the image I found the other day of the first version:

Even though there are similarities, it isn't an exact match like how the recent Inflame figures are. Rather, I think HaoYuToys is following the footsteps of the earlier Monkey King figures by Inflames whereas they were more of a homage than an actual copy with a head somewhat resembling the 1987 version, but with new armor.

That said, does it look like a combination of the first version with the color of the nose and realism of the third one with new armor?:

and maybe another actors face as the face doesn't seem to resemble that of Yan Huaili, the actor who played the 1986 version, in costume. Then again, the headsculpt might be based on the late actor not in costumer with the cheeck bones exaggerated; I am aware the image below is of the actor older,
but going by costumed pictures, he did not appear to have a thinner face back then:

Now that I think about it, could it be the actor of the third version with the nose color of the third version, but with the designs from the first version?

Chen Zhi-Hui, actor of the third version

1 - 14 of 14 Posts