One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hands On Review - Battle Gear Toys Paramarine Beach Camo Uniform (outdoor pix added)

My Battle Gear Toys WWII Paramarine Raider Beach Camo uniform arrived yesterday. Here are my hands-on photos of it.

Here's me opening the package and getting the view of the front of the paramarine smock:

keywords: flying leathernecks, gyrenes, jarheads, devil dogs, paratroopers, USMC, Marines, Corps, raiders, camouflage, World War Two, WW2, Pacific, PTO, Johnson SMG

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hands On Review - Battle Gear Toys Paramarine Beach Camo

Here's the outfit on a fig. Excuse the inaccuracies of the bash, this was a quick assembly to see how the uniform would look from a fit'n'feel perspective.

Due to bad weather here in the Sac region, these pictures were taken at night and indoors.

Overall, I like 'em! I am also inclined to purchase the duck camo version as well. They look good.

That's it!

Cheers!
Romeo

·
Danish Special Forces
988 Posts
Love it. That's quite a pick up. Looks like they did a nice job on the parasmock pattern, the camo pattern, and the final product.

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Outdoor Photos

Taken Wed 12/19/2007 ~8:30am Pacific, no rain, sun's out but overcast skies, from a lighting perspective. Here's what they look like outdoors.

Cheers!

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
Very nice review, and the figure still looks pretty cool even with the inaccuracies...I have the duck hunt camo, and it is very nice. Same quality you come to expect from BGT.

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many thanks, Ian, Weylen, and Shaun :thumb

I am planning on buying the duck camo version next month after my credit card recovers from the holidays, as well as Osprey Publishing Battle Orders book "US Airborne Units in the Pacific Theater 1942–45". I already have the Osprey "US Special Warfare Units in the Pacific Theater 1941–45" book but it doesn't cover the Paramarines. Any other recommendations on references that have photo or, better yet, illustrations of paramarines?

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
i dont think i've ever seen a picture of a paramarine jump uniform in "brown side out" camo(has anyone?).but they do look good on your figure.i live within walking distance of the base they trained at(paramarine jump school)..its now called gillespie field. harlen glenn puts out a book on marine uniforms of ww2,and i think there is at least one other as well....hmm...thats anouther thing i should put on my list of most wanted figures...a ww2 paramarine.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Awesome review Romeo and wow love the look of the jumpsmock! THe outdoor pics are great too and after seeing your review i might have to get me some too! How does the material feel? Looks very cool :thumb
-mike-

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gung Ho!

Many thanks, uramegak, mats, tiger, iMike, and Shaun, especially for your help :thumb

Shaun, yes I'm interested and will PM you about it.

Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.