One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! As you know i dont post modern bashes much if at all but just wanted to share a Nam bash i did (have seen some awesome Nam bashes and wanted to show mine), hope you like him. He is Gustav "Gus" Schmidt, MACV SOG, Vietnam War.
He is a mix of dml and hot toys, with a Barrack Sergeant body, Ace Nam boots, and scratch built nightstick for those snatch and grab ops. I purposely left unhooked the bottom straps on the stabo rig.
Thanks guys and enjoy!
-mike-

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
Good stuff Mike :thumb
It is quite refreshing to see OD on Tigerstripe... a first for me in 1:6 scale. Now time to dirty up the fella :)

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Kenny and thanks so much!! While putting him together i really liked how the OD and Tigerstripe looked, glad you liked it as well. Now i just gotta get him outside and dirty him up, thats always the best part! :lol
Thanks Kenny!!!
-mike-

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Porkins73 said:
Good stuff Mike...Now time to dirty up the fella
I agree, looks like shots taken back at the rear, for the folks at home. Get that bad boy messed up, LOL!

He is a mean-looking guy, gives the impression that he's from a tough part of town, back stateside. A good bash, Mike.

Now throw him in a mudhole, LOLOL....

another Mike

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Mike (yes we are everywhere lol) and thanks so much!! Yea no doubt Gus is a ham and posing for some shots backhome wearing his new duds lol. But inside that clean uni beats the heart of a warrior and a tough no-nonsense soldier.
Now off to find me a mudhole... :lol

Thanks Mike!!
-mike-

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts
Very nice Mike!! Love the mix match of his uniform, very unique!! Keep it up!

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi MK and thank you!! I also thought the uni looked great like this and thought it would be something a bit different. Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed Gus!!
-mike-

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Have to agree with the others Mike, get him dirty, add some weathering!!!! Would only enhance your cool bash here. Also agree about the contrast in uni with camo and OD. :thumb

I envy your photo taking & photo shop skills. Love the way you present them.

·
uber noob assembler
5,022 Posts
for a first nam bash, that is might excellent Mike:thumb The details on this kitbash is nice from the gear to the lit up cigarette!! love the posing and that B&W picture. An all around great job buddy:clap

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you Saw249man!!! Glad you enjoyed, im proud to have him in my collection!

Hi BR and thanks so much!! Definately thats my next thing to do is weathering, im a real beginner there but as others suggested ill just toss him in a mudhole lol! Only kidding but i agree weathering adds a lot to a bash and i need to do that. Glad you like the contrasting uni, i thought it looked pretty cool too.
Thanks also for the pic taking and photo comments (actually i just use a free image editor but get a lot of mileage out of it, i wish i had the coin for photoshop! lol!) Even with this simple editor i enjoy making a nice presentation for everyone to enjoy.
Thanks so much BR!!

Hi Don and thank you so much! Its always so much fun adding certain details to a bash, glad you enjoyed how i made him, he was a fun figure and my first Nam bash. Posing is so much fun with the figures as you know and i have to say the Barrack Sgt nude is really very posable. Glad you liked the b&w pic, that was my fav too!
Thanks Don!!!

Thanks so much guys!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Ray and thank you!! Glad you enjoyed, i had a lot of fun with this bash. Ive used this editor for a long while now and tho it is very very basic its got a few neat features that allow me to add text and paste in logos and such, its pretty cool.
Thanks again and glad you enjoyed Gus!
-mike-

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Great bash, but yeah dirty him up. I'd swap out the baton for a slapjack though....quieter and more effective wit less effort.
....or so I've heard :rolleyes

1 - 20 of 56 Posts