One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found this lot of diecast metal prototypes from the Allens listed on eBay. The price is prohibitive, but I'm strongly considering buying it and selling the pieces individually to collectors - something like $4-5 for a blade, $10 for a head, mask, or weapon. Is this something anyone would be interested in?
And yes, these look unusual, but they're real. According to Rex Adams: "These were used for the molds. The initial resin pieces are 'converted' into the pot metal versions and cast from them." This is only the third time that I've seen metal prototypes - Rex has one of the Automags and a small number of metal prototypes were offered for sale a while back. The fact that there's so many makes this unusual - something Rex noted as well.
Anyway, I just thought it'd be a fun idea for people. I like collecting these kinds of prototypes and I thought this would be a neat way to get some parts and share them with people. If you'd be interested in buying some of these, let me know and I'll pick it up. If not, then just take in the view and enjoy a rare look at some interesting production pieces.

From left to right: Female zombie, male zombie, gimp mask

.44 Automags, knuckleduster knives and machetes, .22 Hi-Standards, and Lugers

Assorted shrunken heads

Climbing axes

Spetsnaz survival axes and double barreled shotguns

Short revolvers (tape-wrapped grip) and binoculars

Unknown knife and VC knife

Knife assortment and more revolvers

Lugers, machetes, and LaGana tomahawks (Vietnam-era)

Khukris and machetes

Attachments

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts
Re: [Grimsphere] Diecast Prototype Lot

If you win, I'd be interested in the AUTO-MAG pistols depending on the price.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

$4-5 for a blade
$10 for a head, mask, pistol, or shotgun
If you win, I'd be interested in the AUTO-MAG pistols depending on the price.
Those are the prices I'd be selling the pieces at if I do this. I pretty much just want to recoup the initial costs ($200+$30 ship) on the lot more than anything else.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

I'd be interested in an ice axe, a tomahawk and a fighting knife.

·
12,822 Posts

I'd probably want to buy ALL of the AUTO-MAG pistols provided you win and verify the pistols are in worthwhile condition.

I would need a final count. Based on the picture, it appears there is at least a dozen?

Keep us informed on how this pans out.

·
Wild Bunch Customs
807 Posts

I'm interested in a Hi-Standard or two, depending on how the detail is on them (I will be painting this directly and not casting or anything).

·
AK fanatic
885 Posts

OH, MAN. I need a die cast Russian Survival Machete. NOW >.<

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Based on the feedback, I'm going to make a go for the parts. Wish me luck.
Offer accepted. I will take pics of the available parts once I've received them.
I'd probably want to buy ALL of the AUTO-MAG pistols provided you win and verify the pistols are in worthwhile condition.

I would need a final count. Based on the picture, it appears there is at least a dozen?

Keep us informed on how this pans out.
Around that amount. Rex does get first dibs though (and I'm saving one for myself). These parts should be in decent shape. I bought the earlier auction and everything came out well. The only damage to the parts came from when I dropped a headsculpt on a hard floor. It flattened the nose slightly but was otherwise no worse for the head. I'll take pics of the pieces all the same.

I'm interested in a Hi-Standard or two, depending on how the detail is on them (I will be painting this directly and not casting or anything).
Detail should be about the same as a regular piece, though there may be a little flash that needs to be trimmed. Still, as I said above, I will take pictures of the pieces for evaluation.

OH, MAN. I need a die cast Russian Survival Machete. NOW >.<
LOL, I thought you'd want one! I got your message on Facebook, you're in the slot.

·
12,822 Posts

Good luck!

Personally speaking, it's not an "absolute" must have for me so don't feel pressured into winning at all costs so to speak.

I don't plan to use any of mine to recast for the time being, but to provide them to a fellow hobbyist for proper cleaning, priming, and painting for my own personal collection.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Uh... The offer was accepted o_O The lot of parts was bought. I'll start hashing this out in my free time once it arrives. I'm going to hit up the people who have posted here about the parts and whatever's left after that I'll probably sell on the Open Market. Hopefully everyone gets something they'd like out of this :)
Thanks guys, for encouraging me to take a chance here.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,930 Posts

Cool. When it arrives, let me know, I am interested in some of those bits too. I was watching that auction, but like you said, the lot was cost prohibitive for me too.

·
12,822 Posts

Keep all of us informed/updated.

Just stay focused and let us know when everything is good & ready time wise on your end before we start sending funds.

:)

·
Registered
143 Posts

I'll definitely be following this thread.....more than a few pieces that I would purchase. Thanks for taking a chance.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Yup...I can commit to a tomahawk, bone handle knife, shotgun and a lugar.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts