One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Im a Picatinny Rail Nut
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious about them and wanted to know some more. Specifcally the statement below in most ad copy about them. What exactly breaks on the Grimloc and what curcimstances can cause it to break.

The army was interested in a solution that was strong enough to carry equipment that required quick access yet would "break away" with a Soldiers weight

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Its made up of mostly plastic, so it can break more easily than a regular ol' metal carabiner.
This way in case it gets snagged somewhere, they could break it if they tug with all of their body weight.
Probably for the user's safety, exiting vehicles quickly in emergencies and whatnot. The hook probably snaps off being the only moving part.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks of the Transformers T Rex before this little innovation when you hear "Grimlok" ? :p

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Part of the reason it's made of plastic is so that if it takes a round, it doesn't spall as badly as a metal 'biner would, becoming a secondary projectile. I'm not sure I'd notice the difference between exploding plastic and exploding metal, but there you go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.