One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Duty First
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm back from the show. First, a big "thank you" to everyone who made the show possible--Greg, Tony, everyone from the Houston and Dallas clubs, the sponsors and the vendors.

The show is definitely getting better, as evidenced by the good crowds on both days. I left pretty early Sunday but it looked good for a Sunday morning crowd. There was really good news coverage on Saturday afternoon and night.

I got to meet (or see again) many OSW'ers, including Skip1_6, Angry Boot, Charles Bronson, Folkwulfe and BraveRifles. I also got to see Ken and Gail from GSTG, Tung from EBT, Graham from NLM, Greg from Cotswold, and many other retailers. We had a Hooters get-together on Saturday night but it was pretty tame.

If you are in the area it's worth attending, assuming they'll be coming back in 09. It's a great place to meet fellow hobbyists and vendors and get your hands on all the great gear available.

I'll add a few pics to skip1_6's thread a little later.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Agreed!!

Didn't get to put as many names to faces as I had wanted to, but that was mostly my fault. All in all, it was fantastic meeting those that I did.

Loved the news coverage, as I was on the tube for a whole two seconds on their nightly blurb. Guess I still have 14 minutes and 58 seconds of fame left coming to me:lol

Thanks to all those involved behind the scenes making it a possibility, you definitely didn't do the hard work for nothing. I hope the turn out was enough to justify another year or two of these shows.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'll throw in here and say thanks to all the vendors- I didn't/couldn't attend as I'm in D.C., but my family still lives in the DFW area- my father decided to brave the show and managed to find all teh parts I'd mentioned I might be interested in.

Kudos to the folks that make it a good show, and hopefully one of these years I'll make a visit back to see the folks and have it coincide with the show weekend.

Cheers,
Allen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.