One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
That's a crazy auction.
Make's you wonder if the bidders have all their marbles, or if they haven't realised they're not actually going to receive a full size Kalashnikov.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't know my guns, is there anything special about it?? Looks like a regular AK 47 to me. Aren't they a dime a dozen??

I mean, obviously it's a joke bid, but . . .

·
Registered
471 Posts
They might have thought it's the real deal, such flattery.

Look at the bidding pattern, from 21++ it went to 400 then 2.2K USD. It's going to be retracted or cancelled.

:bravo

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
I saw this earlier today. There is something dodgy going on here: bidding went from $21.99 to $411.56 with only one automatic bid at $22.49. Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't the next automatic bid have kicked in at around $23.50?

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
This thing stinks to high heaven.

Hell, it says 1:6 scale right on the photo.

There's a dumbazz born every minute.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i dont even think id pay that for a fully automatic 1:1 AK with depleted uranium rounds let alone a plassstic 1/6 one... maybe its taking advantage of people that haven't grasped the english language

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
:popcorn I would say it was an accidental decimal place error.
The bidder probably was going for $22.75 but it became $2275.00, because they never included a decimal point when it was typed in.

I mean nobody could be that profoundly stupid and pay that kind of cash for a miniature toy gun could they? :doh
Especially not when I've seen 1:1 AK-47's that are available for $700-$1500.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
:popcorn I would say it was an accidental decimal place error.
The bidder probably was going for $22.75 but it became $2275.00, because they never included a decimal point when it was typed in.

I mean nobody could be that profoundly stupid and pay that kind of cash for a miniature toy gun could they? :doh
Especially not when I've seen 1:1 AK-47's that are available for $700-$1500.
I have to agree, this is probably less about "a sucker born every minute", and more about someone not checking what they write.

Which begs the question, does the buyer have to pay then, if it was an honest typo?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
It takes two people to drive a bid up that high, one bid alone won't do it. My thinking is that copious amounts of premium coffee are on offer to go with that rifle and we have two caffeine addicts going head to head. :lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts