One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first posted this diorama over a year and a half ago, a while before becoming a member of OSW.I thought that some of you might enjoy it posted here.

I'd like to dedicate this work in the memory of a few of my friends who were it's inspiration. Tony N, Karl P, and "Uncle Josef", ex granatwerfer crewmen and eastern front vets, friends of mine since the early 90's, who enthralled me for hours in the barracks and around the campfire with their humor, brilliant eye for detail, songs, and tales of life on the Russian front. I'll never forget their friendship and hope that I did some justice incorporating their many detailed accounts and experiences into this diorama. I miss you guys.

Please enjoy,

Phil

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The pit-level point of view is great, and the crew looks natural, "on the job". You've done those friends an honor with this. Good man.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
WOW, extremely amazing Dio+figures! Incredible skills-all around!!:thumb:thumb:shades

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Beautiful work. A fitting tribute to your friends.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Well done, you have not missed any details, you have aiming stakes cheese charges on the rounds and every one is dirty like they have been living in a damp hole in the ground for months at a time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.