One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this guy today and he's just as awesome as the previous 3 from DID...I especially love his headsculpt, but I didn't take any pics of it since I put all his armor on...

The sword is a new sculpt too. The first three were pretty much the same with some paint differences, but this one is entirely new, with a much bigger scabbard for the swords. His iron fan is sweet too. I dig the colorful armor too, looks exactly like the actual historical one worn by him, or at least in pics that I've found.

As usual, I hate the DID body but I am not gonna drive myself crazy transplanting all that armor onto another body. I really hope they are making more. I didn't see any new previews of any more samurai on the box or at DID's site, and if this is the last one this'll be a shame. Many more famous samurai should be made, like Oda Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Uesugi Kenshin, etc. Hope they won't let this line die out.

Enjoy the pics. I retook pics of my ninjas too, just for the hell of it. I got a new camera and I can get some decent pics of the collection for once

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
Nice group of warriors you have there!!!!

I "only" do WWIi, but the DiD Samurais have become one of my guilty pleasures outside of WWII. I have all four.

It'll be interesting to see how many more they do, and what they look like. I hope they do a late period one with musket.

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dudes...

Yeah, I really hope they plan on doing more. I think Oda Nobunaga should come with a musket....his army used them, I think...so I'd be open to that.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
sooo...jealous...:jawdrop

I love checking out your Ninja and Samurai collection! Thanks for the pics!

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jankatana: The masks I sculpted myself. Took a few tries to get them looking right, since I'm not great at it.

Mistamoose: Thanks. She's one of my fav customs. Was my first try in customizing a female head.

328th Banter: I love them all, but I think Ii Naomasa (the red one with the horns) is the best, at least my favorite. He looks great overall, and he comes with a 1/6 scale spear too.

If you want a cool looking display piece, you should consider Toyotomi Hideyoshi...The combination helmet crest and vibrant armor makes for a cool visual display, and he's also very important in Japanese history :) Not that the others weren't hehe...

·
ACI Toys
1,268 Posts
DID's products are really well with their details and production technique! For their product value , I think they are at the top rank! THeir products are really worth what we paid. my 2 cents!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.