One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local Big Lots yesterday and they multiple sets of Ghost Busters 12" figures. There were two in a set and they looked to be high-end bodies with some very unique accessories. Has anyone else seen these or, better yet, bought some that they could give a quick break down on the figures?

Thanks,
Steve

· Funk Ninja
3,732 Posts
They're likely the ones from Mattel.
They're not bad! The bodies are quite different, and the head sculpts quite cartoony. You can swap them to different bodies quite easily though.
They're pretty fun!
I did a custom for a friend of mine last year using parts from one.

· Registered
5,802 Posts
Thanks much Moonbase - hadn't seen this string. By the way, I found these in the Big Lots in the Tampa, Fl area.
Hope you got them, they are well, well worth it - even at the original prices, and absolutely at Liquidation level. Wish they had them where I am. I think the general consensus is that people aren't thrilled with the bodies, have mixed feelings about the Headsculpts, do like the outfit, and really love the accessories.

Michael Crawford did good reviews of all of these, here's one; and search his site for the others http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102809a.htm

Also some of the headsculpts were a bit squished in packaging and can be greatly improved by simple hair-dryer methods or otherwise -- you'll see something about this in Crawford's reviews, and there were other "how to fix" OSW threads about it.

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MoonBase - thanks so much for the info and the link to Michael's page. If anyone is looking for these figures, there were about 6 sets at the store I stopped at and I'd be willing to pick some up for those that are interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.