One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a (metal) version for the German MP44?

Attachments

·
Banned
452 Posts
I think DID made one in a metal configuration. But I haven't seen one in a little while

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks eveyone for all the help. I am a WWII nut and just started collecting the 1/6 action figures. The metal weapons look so much more realistic. I currently have a a metal MG42, MG34, and MP40, and the new Ti-Lite Mauser K98. I have aquired 4 German figures and I am in the process of changing out uniform items, weapons etc. Once I get these details complete, then I will create a diorama and post on the forum.

Attachments

·
Resident Kalashnikov nut!
1,837 Posts
ActionMan said:
Didn't someone like Factory No. 6 make a metal one?
The rifles made by Factory #6 are machinekarbiners(MKb42),designed early in the war. The MP43,43/1 and MP44 where derived from the Haenel model,as it was easier to produce. Both models,(W,H) saw usage up to wars end,but where overshadowed by the greater numbers of MP44s. A Mauser design, the MP45 was destined to become the standard arm of the German armed forces in WWII, but the war ended with only a handful of models being produced.
W = Walther
H = Haenel

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, Oddball!

To add to Krechets great info, the Mauser engineers who worked on the MP45 got work after the war with the Spanish arms firm CETME. They updated the design, still in 7.9mm kurz patrone, and tried to interest the Spanish military. By this time, the early 50's, the winds of change were blowing and the weapon was re-engineered to use the newly accepted NATO standard caliber of 7.62 x 51mm (.308). The rifle was impressive enough that the German Federal Republic bought production rights for what they would call the G3, manufactured by Heckler und Koch. Hmm, so the G3 is basically a MP56.

Enough of the negative vibes, Moriarty!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the very informative story about these weapons.

·
Resident Kalashnikov nut!
1,837 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up Russcal. The MP44 continued to see service after WWII in the hands of East German borderguards,in Yugoslavian service till the mid 1980s, and various hotspots in Africa,Iraq via Syria and the war in the Balkans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts