One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty much a newbie to the 1/6 hobby at the moment, and so while I've been buying a few figures recently, I've also got several DML figures I bought a number of years ago.

One of these was a DML German, who's box and name are lost to the sands of time, but in my bitz box I have a field-grey tunic and several medals which I never affixed to the tunic, since there was no clear way to do so.

Now that I have access to such a resource of knowledge here, I'd like to finally put this tunic together properly. So I'm after 2 sets of help:

1)
How to affix the badges to the tunic - they all have two strips of plastic on the backs of them at the top and bottom. Nothing to attatch them to, however, and they're quite long. A profile of one of these would look similar to ] only with much longer strips.

2)
Proper badge placement.

edit - found the proper badge placement - Now I just need to know how to affix these to the tunic!

any help would be appreciated!

cheers,

·
Australian OSW member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, one way to put the badges/awards on would be to make a small hole in the uniform, stick the plastic peg through it, then melt the end so it can't pass back through the hole.

Or, a less destructive way is to clip off the pegs, and glue it directly to the uniform.
Thanks for the reply, :)

The first is what I'd originally thought of, but wasn't sure if there's a "proper" method for attatching medals/badges besides doing so.

I thought of gluing them on, but then decided against it because glue would fuse the cloth in that area, and glued-on details are always in danger of falling off.

cheers,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts