One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a MG team I am working on for an upcoming Dio. Sorry for poor picture quality, please let me know what you think, thanks, Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Was kinda happy to see some regular Heer troops and then noticed the Totenkopf insignia...
Oh well.

I suppose it is possible to see W-SS troops with Heer camo, but probably unusual, especially for an elite unit like Totenkopf.
Still, they look pretty cool!
Are those the old 21st Century camo pants?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your comments and intel on that, was trying to go for a"mixed unit"kind of look-still uncertain of what should be what. Yes those are 21C pants, and boots, one zeltbahn, and helmet covers I stripped, then put them on Dragon helmets, Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Nice team, live the weathering job on the equipment and weapons. Now a question for you: Is the MG Team Heer or Waffen SS? The question arise because they're wearing Heer Splinter Zelts, trousers, and helmet covers but are sporting Waffen SS tunics? Mixing of camo was highly unusual but not unknown but mostly the branches keep with their own distinctive camo patterns since they had separate supply and logistics.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could it have been possible in late war when supplies(and units) were running low, that a mix-match of sorts could happen with gear and units? Wasn't certain on the accuracy, but I paired them up thinking they looked pretty slick together! Thanks Brian

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
The SS didn't star wearing Heer items until the Russians were closing in on them at the end......SS got executed, Heer just got slave labor.......

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that educating bit of intel, O.S.P., it's good to know that for future purposes!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.