One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interpretation of a Wehrmacht soldier serving in the German 9th Army during the brutal fighting at Seelow, where a million Soviets of the 1st Belorussian Front assaulted an entrenched force of roughly 100,000 German troops.

Thanks for looking.

Apologies for the large photo sizes!

Please note: Some artistic liberties have been taken with this one in terms of kit. I'm already aware of accuracy issues regarding the tunic for example. I'm still learning the ropes of German kit.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,040 Posts
that's a nice figure BUT that base is really great! as you already noted i won't bore you with accuracy issues BUT you did do a bang up job with the base and weathering. congrats

Miguel

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Very nicely done. Personally I would change a couple things.... Being an NCO I would arm him with an mp40 and mag pouches, if you're leaving him with the k98 I would put the bayonet scabbard on his belt, with the mp40 I would still put the bayonet and scabbard on his belt. That aside excellent work, nicely done and good weathering as well. Nice choice for the figure base

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nicely done. Personally I would change a couple things.... Being an NCO I would arm him with an mp40 and mag pouches, if you're leaving him with the k98 I would put the bayonet scabbard on his belt, with the mp40 I would still put the bayonet and scabbard on his belt. That aside excellent work, nicely done and good weathering as well. Nice choice for the figure base
Yes being an NCO the MP40 seemed to make sense to me too but I just love the look of the Kar too much to do it, especially with the bayonet fixed. I think it just suited the 'look' I was going for I guess.

Thanks all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts