One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Makes sense, they want to be part of NATO, have troops in Iraq (until now), and have received training from the US Marines.

Reservists called up

More MARPAT

MARPAT and mix

With Training Team​

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Yep, I've noticed a number of former Soviet republics and other former Warsaw Pact nations using US- style camouflage over the last decade or so.

Since I live in an area where there's a pretty major presence of all the services, I get to see the different uniforms up close on a regular basis (except for desert MARPAT). To my eye, MARPAT is the most effective of the bunch. Even my local Sheriff's Dept. SWAT team wears a version of it. It was a neat surprise to see the Georgian army using it in the news photos today.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Yep, "familiarity breeds contempt" - unfortunately this is way more common than it should be. I remember a bud's framed pic of his bunch of Blackhawk pilots out in the field. When the camera came out, so did their sidearms (S&W revolvers). Scary to see where many of them were pointed...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.