One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Looking at the Jean Luc Picard figure next to him, he looks to be 12 inches tall, not only underscale--but I think the head/helmet looks too small in this picture.
http://tf08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=1518&size=big&cat=

Depending on the price and how the flexible suit over a body holds up I think I'd like to acquire one or two for fun. It's not callous' masterpiece, but it'll have to do, for now.

BTW thanks gab for the update and to CH for the pictures at that site.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I could be wrong, but, when I looked at that photo, Jean Luc looked to be on a base. Master Chief looks taller to me and it's not like GG to do something not to scale. Their busts and statues look dead on.

The big questions still are...

When is it out?

How much?

CHEERS!

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I don't see a stand under the Picard figure :confused:, hopefully I'm just being blind, because it would suck if Master Chief wasn't 1:6 scale.

I have a feeling the price might be kinda high for the Master Chief figure. This is GG's first 12" figure and I think that means we're going to have to absorb a lot of the production costs for the new tooling, plus the complexities of the rubber suit/armor.

·
Registered
326 Posts
There is a McFarlane one on the boards with a tentative Aug 08 date. I preordered one from BBTS.

I dunno...the sculpt of the GG version isn't quite doing it for me, especially if it's undersized.

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Yeah... he definitely has a "plasticy" look to him. It would be nice if they could do a paint job closer to how Hot Toys did their Robocop figure-- which look awesome!

But, he does looks cool! Sculpt is great! I'm anxious to see what the final figure will look like in person.

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Guys.....a little reading ...

Here is the caption on the page with the figure:

Gentle Giant had a prototype of the new 1:6 scale Master Chief from the hit video game Halo 3.

The figure, which is still being designed, will feature armor over a rubberized suit over a super-articulated 1:6 scale body, though whether the figure will be 12" tall or (a true 1:6 scale) 14" tall is still TBD.

Multiple weapons will be included and can be seen along with other photos of the prototype in the gallery below!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I actually like McF's better now I've seen it, sure you've got to wait till August, but, you can spend the money you'll save on nice stuff between now and then. Can't be bad!

Roll on August I say

CHEERS!

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Do you have the link or could you please post pictures of the McF one, rogerbee? I've seen you mention it a couple of times now but I haven't a clue about it or what it looks like.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.