One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Marvel.com breaks the news that Gentle Giant is producing a new series of jumbo figures based on Mattel's popular Secret Wars action figure released back in the '80s. Like their Jumbo Star Wars figures, Gentle Giant has digitally scanned the original figures and reproduced them in a towering 12" scale. Roto and injection molded and made of durable plastics, this fully-articulated jumbo figure includes a faithfully re-produced lenticular shield. To further capture the vintage feel, Gentle Giant has packaged this figure with a Secret Wars-inspired backer card featuring original photos and artwork.

The first limited figure available will be the Black Suit Spider-Man. This figure is available for pre-order now through gentlegiantltd.com priced at $90 and scheduled to arrive third quarter 2015. Use the code SecretMarvel20 at checkout to save $20 off your purchase today only, November 19th!

The next figure to be released will be the Secret Wars Hobgoblin figure, pictured below.

·
Registered
735 Posts
This and those ugly mini lego like figures, no clue why people waste money on those. At least you get value for your 200$ on a Hot Toys (last time I bought one, 4 years ago).

·
Registered
361 Posts
I guess my gripe with these is that they are not 1/6 figures. They are poorly sculpted 3 3/4" toys blown up to be 12" tall, which is not at all the same thing. I'm not sure I agree that the 12" market is "booming" because I see lots of ****ty 12" Marvel figures warming the shelves, and if I was a kid I wouldn't want one, either. Lumping 12" toys in the same category as realistic 1/6 scale models isn't going to work for retailers or customers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Someone said $90 for these? No way! They are not worth that price. $15.00 tops, and at that price you are getting more articulation and better sculpting. These would be great for hardcore nostalgic fans, as someone already mentioned, but definitely not for kids, and definitely not for those who have gotten a taste of Very detailed very tealistic 12" figures (HT, Art Figures, etc.).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts