One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
The Miniseries is due out spring 08. From what I've seen on HBO previews, it looks pretty good. I look forward to it and the OIF1 bashes that follow ;) Break out those woodland chem suits again guys :D

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The book's pretty frank, and when I passed a copy around it got different reviews from various guys. One said he thought it would have been better if some stuff were left out. As it seems to be a basic narrative of events, I think it's a better tale left intact.

G

·
I've read a lot in on MP.net and Socnet about how the gut who wrote the book was there but either embellished or was confused about what he put in.

I don't remember the exact conversation(s).

·
Enjoying the View
1,136 Posts
I agree with Chet. The series will be successful if they stay true to the book without adding anything. Now to find someone who has HBO...

·
Registered
252 Posts
What I remember most about this book is how some very incompetent, overzealous officers and SNCO who should never been allowed into Recon BN, lead a bunch of warriors into Iraq and how these guys were basically used as "guinea pigs" to "probe" bad guys before main grunt units could assault through. It seems that even in recon battalion, incompetents and retards were still allowed to lead a bunch of good, hardworking Marines just as in regular grunt units. I hope the show is good and true to the book.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.