One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This simple bash was inspired by Don Troianai's painting, "Drive Them to Washington", and created from parts from the SST Brotherhood of Arms series and a BGT 1839 hat. Jackson is seen in the uniform of a U.S. Army colonel at the First Battle of Manassas (Bull Run for you Northern souls). Here's Troiani's painting:

http://oldgloryprints.com/Drive%20Them%20to%20Washington.htm

Here is my take on "Stonewall":

He has also found a home at the Lincoln Train Museum in Gettysburg.
Lincoln Train Museum - Home

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Never wasted, a day where I can learn something. I had no idea Jackson appeared in blue. An excellent bit of history, Mark.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Once again excellent work! You show a great knowlege of your subjects, not many people know that jackson was wounded and wearing his uniform as a VMI instructor. Please continue what you are doing. Perhaps someday a company will pick a Civil War line again. You have made a fiiting tribute to Jackson as Gen. B. Bee did by giving him his famous name of Stonewall. Gen Bee was killed several minutes later.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again guys. Your comments and info are much appreciated.
Another bit I picked up is the controversy over the "Stonewall" nickname. Some contend that Bee was being derogatory in that Jackson just sat there instead of moving his troops. But the chance of a well aimed shot may have let Jackson earn a bold name that may not have been intended. Ain't history grand??? Gotta love the "what ifs"!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts