One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jesse,
I just started collecting 1/6 figures & accessories, I'm setting up a 1980s mujahideen afghanistan war scene (environment),I purchased a scale LMG & the guy who sold it to me said it is a WWII British LMG Enfield 303 Airborne Infantry Commando weapon,The weapon looks nothing like an enfield 303,I would love it if someone could help me identify this weapon because I don't want to have a weapon in my environment or scene that the Afghans did not really use in the battle with the Russian's in the 1980s,
Where can I post a picture of the weapon so I can get some help with identification?
Thank you very much for your help guy's.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,987 Posts
Welcome to OSW. Sorry for the late reply here, not a huge amount of traffic in this area.

So, about your question. Best place to post that would be General Discussion section. It'll get noticed and answered the best there.

If it is a British Enfield .303, those have found their way into uses all over the world, even as late as the Afghan wars. Britain did spend time exerting it's presence in Afghanistan from 1839 to 1842, but that predates that weapon (I think, I would need to see it first to confirm the era). But a newer WWI or WWII era weapon could have easily found it's way into Mujahideen hands after coming over the border from India or Pakistan.

I saw pictures of WWII German machine guns being captured in Iraqi Freedom, and Afghanistan as well, and that's pretty recent to be seeing captured WWII weapons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts