One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
You want to know what's even worse - the military doesn't CARE. They need bodies.

I know for a fact that Army officers up to the O-6 level have been advised of soldiers in their units who are sex offenders, spousal abusers, and/or gang members. They routinely respond to the effect, "I don't want to know. My staff has standing orders to destroy, unopened, any correspondence from a law enforcement office and to refuse to sign for any certified mail from a law enforcement office."

A classic example is that Marine who killed the girl who turned him in for rape and then burned the body. The media won't tell you that he was a known gang member and had prior convictions for sex crimes, but was still allowed to enlist and go to Iraq.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock the military (I spent 14 years in, made it to E-6 and then to O-3 and turned down a promotion to get out). I understand that the brass have been put into a "no win" scenario. Recruiters (and the officers that supervise them) are being punished for not meeting quota, so they meet quota any way they can. Unfortunately, we are building up trouble for the future.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've also seen that special episode in History Channel a few months ago. I don't recall the exact numbers but I think it was estimated that there are close to 50,000 gang members who currently serving in the US military.

·
Master of the Iron Horse
356 Posts
One of my old staff sergeant's told me that when he was in boot camp there was a son of some neo-nazi leader in the same company as him and when they found out about it they kicked him out but that was only a week before he was suppose to graduate.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Nothing new. There were Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, and Skinheads when I was in. There was a big deal about two 82nd guys who had Nazi tattoos back in the mid-90's as it related to the killing of a black drug dealer in Fayetteville. It was a drug deal gone bad and no tragic loss of the dealer because he had a laundry list of charges against him. The Army was on a witch-hunt looking for anyone with questionable ink particularly white guys into skinhead culture. Anyone wearing Doc Martens boots, jeans rolled at the cuffs, and flight jackets were subject to scrutiny by senior commanders. Anyone with alleged ties to skinhead, militia, or racist groups were kicked out.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
The was a magazine that used to show up at local gunshows called "The Resistor"(spell check) that was written by an ex-3rd SFGA soldier that supposedly had ties to militia groups and all but the one I bought out of curiousity talked about history and patriotism not not racial superiority or anything like that. It was basically things not taught in classrooms anymore.

·
Registered
688 Posts
this is just sad back before the iraq war started the U.S. soldiers were the best of the best since the iraq war the U.S. is exsepting almost anyone into the army ex gang members and overall bad people dont get me wrong most are great men and leaders but l am saying if the U.S. was not desperate for soldiers these people would never have a chance in hell of getting into the army, but, with iraq and afghanistan, they need all the soldiers they can get, understanable l gess.

·
Plastic Yank
2,333 Posts
this is just sad back before the iraq war started the U.S. soldiers were the best of the best since the iraq war the U.S. is exsepting almost anyone into the army ex gang members and overall bad people dont get me wrong most are great men and leaders but l am saying if the U.S. was not desperate for soldiers these people would never have a chance in hell of getting into the army, but, with iraq and afghanistan, they need all the soldiers they can get, understanable l gess.
I dunno... judging from the reports, the professionalism of the US Army only seems to be increasing as deployment continues.

·
cablecommandercustoms
1,325 Posts
saw2489man said:
There was a big deal about two 82nd guys who had Nazi tattoos back in the mid-90's as it related to the killing of a black drug dealer in Fayetteville. It was a drug deal gone bad and no tragic loss of the dealer because he had a laundry list of charges against him.
I don't understand why it wasn't a great loss? was it because he black or because he was a drug dealer? Obviously, the 2 82nd guys were drug dealers/addicts also, or why else would it be a drug deal gone bad?

Any loss of life is tragic, regardless of the circumstances.

·
Custom User Title
2,594 Posts
Hey look at it this way
maybe when they get back on the streets they might actually hit the people they want to take out now instead of the innocents
less collateral damage as they say

1 - 14 of 14 Posts