One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to check my email, and I saw something interesting on yahoo- What movies should be games, and I thought of a few (BoB, SPR, etc...) but they were kinda turned into games.

But, I flipped that around, and what great games should be movies? I've already though of some-

Brothers in Arms- it'd be perfect
Battlefield 1942-it's OK (i can't remember too much of it, i haven't played it in years)
Men of valor- It's ok, but still cool

I hate call of duty and medal of honor, but if heavily tweaked near the end I think they'll be OK, as long as the russians speak russian, people don;t waste ammo for a bazooka on one person, nobody is invincible against a .50 cal headshot, and it takes a team of engineers to destroy a bridge they'll be OK.

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
Punch Out and Karate Champ!

Von Kaiser to be played by Sam Elliot, Soda Popinski by the guy who gest the baseball bat in the head from Snake Plissken in Escape from New York.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Army of 2 (The graphics and cinematics were very cool)
Bioshock (which is in preproduction)
Fallout 3 (due in Nov)
Gears of War (also in preproduction)
Agree on Mass Effect.
The Halo franchise of course.
Call of Duty 4 would make a great flick.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
My number one pick would be Halo. It has a rich universe and the characters are great. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie that takes place before the conflict with the Covenant (similar to the beginning of Contact Harvest).

I would also like to see Ninja Gaiden made as a movie, although I'm sure it would be butchered.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I too would like to see Halo made into a movie. I'm holding out that between Peter Jackson and the movie studio an agreement can be made as well as a good movie. I just got done reading the Halo novels and they would make a great Trilogy set of movies.

I would also like to see:
Splinter Cell
Knights of the Old Republic series

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Rainbow Six is planned. Hopefully with the original Book Story.
GRAW had a pretty lame story, Splinter Cell might be good. COD4 might work, if done right, preferably by Ridley Scott and Jerry Bruckheimer.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Monopoly, Operation, Risk, Stratego, Battle Ship - Hungry Hungry Hippos would be bad ass too. :b
How about combining them? A battle Ship full of hungry hungry hippos, who set out to conquer the world by doing strategic stuff, involving a lot of risk because that monopoly dude throws with little cars. :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Man oh man, Amsterdam was great! The Red light district, the H.R. Geiger Museum... Wow, and the salad, so so fresh.

Sorry, no. I opened this thread and the first games to pop into my head were my dusty old board games... I was just trying to have a little innocent fun. Sorry I crashed the party.

Palaboon - dude, that actually sounds like a cool bash. I was going to do a SEAL with a sea-lion head, I may have to re-think that.

I honestly can think of only one game I've played that I would like to see made into a movie - Crimson Skies. Do it up with a retro movie serial feel, kind of Rocketeer meets Indiana Jones, meet Sky Captain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.