One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I want to introduce you my version of Jon Snow.
I must admit that my bash has very strongly influenced by rovot.
But I have tried to implement more details on the clothing.
The doublet, shoes, belts and the cloak are homemade. Just like the belt, scabbard and "Longclaw" the sword. This was a letter opener.

The diorama I built specially for this figure. "Ghost" was actually a solar lamp for the garden. For the snow I used snow spray and cornstarch. The icicles are made of a special gel from the hobby shop.
I hope you like the final result.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Very nice details, very good. The outfit is flawless, and I like the wolfshead detail you've applied to the letter opener sword, which is probably too big but looks fine in most of the pictures. Is that a Sweeney Todd head?

In the diorama the tree and the snow and the icicles are fantastic work. Of itself the wolf looks good but he's got a real scale issue. Real world historical Dire Wolves (now extinct) were 5' long. The GoT species is actually the size of a small horse. (Maybe Jerry Garcia was on to something with "the Dire Wolf, Six hundred pounds of sin...") I figure in your diorama either we're seeing a dire wolf pup from the next generation that the show hasn't shown yet, or we're seeing a very young Ghost with an older Jon Snow, which could be a composite, or maybe a vision. As a pure visual it's really great.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
"You know nothing John Snow..."

But Russel, you certainly know how to put together a great diorama! I love the whole thing, Longclaw looks great and the tree and snow is a work of art by itself.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your comments, i am glad that you like my work.

@Moonbase Alpha Male: yes, I used the Sideshow sweeney todd head.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Nice work..your effort really shows..

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Your scratch built work is outstanding to say the least.Clever choice for the Head too and the Base works very well.Great representation of the character.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
Great work on all of it! Love the snow and ice effect, I would love to see a tutorial on how to do that if you get time as I've got to make a big SW Hoth dio soon. Great clothing and nice choice of wolf for Ghost, you said it comes from a solar light? Do you have any pictures of the actual product or tips on where to buy one? It would make a great Timber for my Snake Eyes figure.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@shovelchop81:

The base are several of Stryroporplates. The hill was trimmed roughly with the cutter. Everything was glued with wood glue. The tree (branch), and bushes were glued into drilled holes.
As forest floor I used brown "wood-grained" from the HO Train-area. Then stones, punched leaves and moss were placed with glue.

The icicles are made with "icicles-gel" from the craft store. These are first milky soft and then harden clear.

Finally, I have finishing the whole Dio with snow-spray and cornstarch. With the snow spray I was lucky that it was more powdery and not as shaving cream similar. I bought it in a "One Euro" Store.

Unfortunately I have no more information on solar lamp more. She was on a "sales" table and I bought it in a REAL Superstore in Berlin.

I hope the following pictures help you a little.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
Thanks for all that info, I'll look for the bits I want (wolf/snow spray) over here or online. I've always been worried that the corn starch will go rotten and mouldy over time which is why I've used ground plastic in the past, have you had that problem at all? Thanks.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I made a Dio with cornstarch 5 years ago, and it has not started to rot. It just must not be exposed to high humidity.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts