One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Marx Toys horse. Some people think that it is small for the figures, but for a person that measure between 160 and 170 cm in the nineteenth century, is more than acceptable. This horse would measure 140 cm at cross. Less than 120 cm are ponys.
[/URL]

First, the four limbs and joints are cut to later modify.
[/URL]
[/URL]

He added putty for filling and modelling joints.
[/URL]
[/URL]

Filing and sanding and a coat of black paint.
[/URL]
Fixed to the ground by a screw. The nut is located on the right foot.
[/URL]

Provisional view with chasseur a cheval. Work are not finish.
[/URL]

·
Tiger I Info Center
1,040 Posts
Very nice work! I have a Marx nodding head horse right now waiting to be puttied.

Great to see someone show how it's done. It takes some guts to start chopping one up!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Beautiful work!
Hope to see it finished soon! :bravo

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks really good. I really like the sculpting of the marx horses better than any other 1/6 horse that I have seen. I just wish that they be a tad bigger to suit my needs but they do look good. I have done similar work with a Powerteam horse and find the size better for what I am after. Looks really good and please do show the finished piece with that fine looking cavalry rider.

Jeff (Geppetto) :bravo

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Excellent work, Miguel!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Superior workmanship on old Thunderbolt! I'm still getting up the nerve to put one back together. This is an excellent pose for these horses. Did you add anything besides the bolt to support that leg? Or did you fill the leg? Thanks for posting!:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
950 Posts
Beautiful work, and really inspiring too. It makes you realize what is possible if you take the time.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Most impressive work.

I too would like to know if you put in reinforcement in the hind leg, since it's holding all the weight now.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Nice, thank you for posting! I have a Marx horse reissue that was waiting for a very simple conversion with its hind legs for Indiana Jones' Arabian horse, but now I am emboldened with your tutorial to go all the way :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts