One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Such and awesome boxed figure on it's own but it's rare nowadays that I'll be happy leaving any figure 'as is' out from the box so generous amounts of battle damage was applied to mine. Here it is completed

WIP 01
- Swapped out the body & gloves
- Added padding where needed

WIP 02
- Same weathering technique applied on all armour parts
- Dremel was later used to apply further battle damage

WIP 03
- Stock rifle barrel was too short I felt so swapped it out
- Mags were also weathered (not pictured)

Base : WIP

Base : finished

Completed :

Some outdoor shots

That's all folks and thanks for dropping by !

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
Most awesome!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow! Such an outstanding set, made even better by your tune ups and weathering.

The photography is top-notch too, I especially love the set with the black background, it provides such a good contrast that the figure and base seem to 'pop', all the details and weathering really stood out.

·
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good stuff. :thumb
Stunning ! That looks amazing. Well done ��
Looks freaking amazing. Awesome job.
Very cool work and imagery! Well done!
Thanks guys :)

Wow! Such an outstanding set, made even better by your tune ups and weathering.
The photography is top-notch too, I especially love the set with the black background, it provides such a good contrast that the figure and base seem to 'pop', all the details and weathering really stood out.
That is a sick looking figure. You did a great job on the bash and the display base. Great pics as well.
Your upgrades really took it to the next level! I gotta say the camouflage is working well is those last few pics. He blends right in. :)
Thanks everyone !
Weathering was inspired by a former member here who also weathered his Desert Raider. I would not have done it if not for him.
Glad you like the base - it was a last minute thing and since I had a stand of that size, decided to make a desert base instead of leaving it as is.
First time shooting outdoors but the weather was great and so I just had to snap a few pics on my mobile then some editing after. I wasn't sure how it would work out but I'm glad it did !

Does look good. And if you added a cape he would almost be like a modern military version of Boba Fett.
Was tempted to IKE - but figured a shemagh would be close enough :)

Thanks again guys for dropping by !

·
Registered
229 Posts
Love what you have done! I bought it too but kept it almost as is because I don't have confidence in my skills to mess around with paint on a set this expensive!

·
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love what you have done! I bought it too but kept it almost as is because I don't have confidence in my skills to mess around with paint on a set this expensive!
Thanks FlyingMan and trust me - I know what you mean and to console myself, I tell myself I've seen even more extensive battle damage done on more expensive figures like the iron man figures and my hands shake a little less.

No skills really needed and with this one it was more elbow grease and the below with a top coat of matt finish and that's it.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Yeah, man! That's the way you do it! love the upgrades!

·
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, man! That's the way you do it! love the upgrades!
Thanks Pontiac ! Much appreciated !
Love it. Seriously upgraded. :thumb :thumb
Loving all the outdoor photos and in progress stuff too.
Which body did you replace yours with?
Thank you Rhino - glad the outdoor photos worked out..first time ! I replaced it with a damtoys body. There wasn't anything wrong with the existing but just a matter of preference was all.

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts
You did an awesome job on this figure. If it had come this way out of the box I would have bought one or two. Killer work on this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts