One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I present to you my French Paratrooper. I had a few guys in the chat help me out with this guy on what was accurate and what was not. I hope he is close to being accurate. Anyways here he is. Always welcome the criticism thanks for looking guys!!

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
I always loved the look of the French during that time frame. Well done bash :thumb

I keep seeing some good French Indo-china bashes here. Keep telling myself that I really want to do one for myself, but some how keep getting myself sidetracked.

·
"Load clear!"
206 Posts
Well done Mk23! As far as accuracy, I only have one reference drawing from Uniforms of the Indo-China and Vietnam wars by Leroy Thompson that shows that type of "duck-hunter" pattern with OD pants. Still, your figure looks ready to take on the Viet Minh.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice bash. Always great to see figures from that era.

A couple of comments though : the wearing of complete M43 camo uniform is more typical of 1951-52.
From my many years of studying the Indochina conflict, I don't recall seeing felt pads worn on the webbing nor hessian on the helmet net. Not an impossibility, but not common. Small size nets were also the norm, either original US or cut from a vehicule net.

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments guys much appreciated!!
The Saint: Thanks for the advice man, I will definatly make some changes.

The uniform is from SOTW.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts