One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my legionnaire. Made from the serial figure of the DID brand, Légion Etrangère 2ème BEP - Marcel.
When it came and I saw the tone of the uniform I was not convinced by its resemblance to any of the tones that were seen in the photographs of the time and renactors, so I decided to dye it and paint each stripe of the camouflage pattern to bring it as close as possible to those tones green and red and not as yellow as it came in the figure.
The boots are a m43 also with a modification in the buckles and the arms and neck have been modeled as you can see.
The period of the conflict attracts me because of the diversification and mixtures of uniforms and weapons inherited or evolved from WW2.

Dyeing and changing the color of a uniform is entertaining ...
There I leave you some more pictures

postscript: If the moderators think it appropriate, unify the posts of the other two attempts of thread.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Excellent work! The HS has particularly impressed me for the very skillful painting. Thanks for showing the wip too.
Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Might have missed it but can you tell me what you used to dye the uniform and paint the stripes? I have accumilated bits and pieces in attempts to kit bash my own French paratroopers during the same time period.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope you understand me. first I have dyed with white, then with light blue, then with green. Second I painted one by one the stripes of camouflage with acrylic.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you for the prompt response. Last question, are you referring to over the counter clothing dye? We have Rite dye over here in the US that is easily assessable. I purchased a few of these uniforms from the MachineGun store in France. I had the pleasure to meet the gentlemen who operates the store while visiting Paris, great guy.
Again, nice bash, thanks!

Manny

·
Loser 6
618 Posts
Vandulus, excellent work, that is a fine figure. I love the head sculpt you chose, some of the old DML head sculpts were very well done. They just needed some TLC which you have done here. Great project........Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts