One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1/6 maker
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
You may be interest by those 3 videos showing french forces fighting in Afghanistan. The videos where shoot in 2007.

The first one is in English (France 24 chanel).
It's 17mn long and shows some French Special Forces working and fighting with US paratroopers of the 82nd and some elements of the ANA.

The two others shows also some fights of French specials forces working with the ANA and US Special Forces.

and

The french where apparently members of the commando team of the Alpine brigade.

The two last videos shows combat fight. It's in french but with english caption.
Hope you will enjoy them.

Regards to all and I have a thought for all soldiers who are working in Afghanistan.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Contact! Interesting video, lots of LBE stuff that looks like it's either newer issue or maybe private purchase? The fellow with a helmet-cam, is he a combat cameraman, or team member whose helmet records missions?

·
Custom User Title
2,594 Posts
That was kewl
Good for the French
Finally we have a pro-American French President and now we have some hard chargin allies in Afganistan

·
1/6 maker
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Pukingdog

I guess that the cam-helmet is one of the legendary invention of the french soldier. He is carrying too much weapon for a journalist, so I guess that's a cool way to record hollydays souvenir...

In those units there's a lot of freedom inside the squad that you will not see in a more regular unit.
The 3 videos shows units working in order to train the ANA and all of them are special forces.

For the rest of the regular army there is a lot of noise here since the death of the 10 soldiers this week.
Our regular army is not ready at this moment for a full war fight.

I just hope that those 10 dead men did not died in vain and that finally all what is necessary will be done to give a proper equipment for those who are fighting in Afghanistan.

The French Special Forces have bought recently a lot of Ciras Jackets.

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
Pad - I just got back from two weeks holiday in the south of France and I watched that second one on your version of 60 Minutes, it was great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts